Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
22-August-2012 16:42 IST
Contribution Towards Employee’s Pension Fund
An amount of Rs. 14,767.47 crore (as per unaudited Balance Sheet of 2011-12) has been received as contribution in Employees’ Pension Fund for the financial year ending on 31.3.2012.
An amount of Rs. 1,62,980.04 crore is balance in Employees’ Pension Fund Contribution Account as on 31.3.2012.
The whole amount of Employees’ Pension Fund stands invested. Rs. 57,087.01 crores is invested in Public Account and balance is invested in securities.
As per the unaudited Balance Sheet of the year 2011-12, total interest income of the investment of Employees Pension Fund for the year ended March 2012 is Rs.13,315.79 crore. The average rate of interest on Public Account is 8.5% and on investment in securities is 8.27%.
The Union Labour & Employment Minister Shri Mallikarjun Kharge gave this information in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Details of amount invested by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in private sector
- EPFO offers 8.8% interest for 2015-16, unions protest
- EPFO likely to provide 9% interest for 2014-15 – Economic Times
- Central Government Allows 5% of PF Funds to be Invested in Share Market
- Government May Allow Employees To Raise NPS Fund In Stocks Soon
- EPFO Rate of Interest
- What are the tax benefits of NPS?
- EPF interest rate for 2021-2022 at 8.10% to its subscribers – PIB
- Pension- Contributory Pension Scheme- Employees contribution and Government contribution- Enhancement of rate of interest at the rate of 8.6% – Orders