4th Cadre Review CSSS
F. No. 15/01/2022 -CS.II (A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi -110003
Subject: Constitution of a Committee for 4th Cadre Review of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS) – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that it has been decided to undertake 4th Cadre Review of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS). Committee for Cadre Review of the CSSS with the following composition and terms of references is constituted:-
(i) Establishment Officer, DoP&T – Chairman
(ii) Joint Secretary (CS), DoP&T – Member
(iii) Joint Secretary (Pers.), D/o Expenditure – Member
(iv) Deputy Secretary (CS. II), DoP&T – Member – Secretary
The Terms of Reference:
- (i) To review the structure of CSSS cadre with a view to harmonise the functional requirements with the career expectation of its members.
- (ii) To assess the magnitude of stagnation in various grades of CSSS and suggest remedial measures both short term and long term so as to reduce promotion blocks and at the same time prevent gaps from building up.
- (iii) To suggest measures to enhance the effectiveness of the service and capacity building of its members in the present era of technology driven environment.
- (iv) To take into view the suggestions of stake holders.
- (v) To review the entitlement for stenographic assistance to various category of officers of Government of India.
- (vi) To examine any issue as referred to it by the cadre.
- The Secretarial Services to the Committee shall be provided by the CS.II Division, DoP&T.
- This has the approval of the Hon’ble Minister of State for Personnel.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India