Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
The below information informed by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs Shri.Jitendra Singh in response to a written question in Lok Sabha.
Compensation to Security Personnel
327 personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) were killed during the last three years.
All compensation and other pensionary claims have been settled except in 03 cases of CRPF which are pending for want of succession certificate from the Court of Law.
As per Government policy, Ex-gratia lump sum compensation have been paid to the Next of Kin as per provision given as under:-
a Death due to accident while on duty : Rs. 10 Lakh
b Death due to act of violence by terrorist etc. : Rs. 10 Lakh
c Death in action : Rs. 15 Lakh
d Death in natural disasters : Rs. 15 Lakh
In addition, Extra Ordinary Family Pension/Liberalized Pensionary Awards, Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity, Leave Encashment, Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, Deposit Link Insurance Scheme and General Provident Fund have been paid as per CCS (Pension) Rules.
On receipt of succession certificates from Courts and on completion of other formalities pending claims will be settled on priority.
Related to Your Search:
- Pension to retired personnel
- Monetary Compensation to Martyred Army Soldiers’ Families
- Travel insurance for rail passengers soon
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- EPS pensioners assured of minimum pension of Rs. 1000 per month
- ‘Shaheed’ not defined in defence or central forces: Government
- Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
- Compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all postal & GDS employees – Death cases due to COVID-19
- Insurance of Rail Passengers