DoPT issued orders on 17.4.2017 regarding admissible of dynamic fare on LTC
Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/ Duronto trains while availing LTC
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated April 17, 2017
Subject: Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC.
As per Railway Board’s Circular No. 46 of 2016 dated 07.09.2016, Ministry of Railways have introduced a flexi-fare system in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains, where the base fares will increase by 10% with every 10% of berths sold subject to a prescribed ceiling limit. In this regard, this Department is in receipt of references from various segments seeking clarification on the issue of admissibility of flexi-fare while booking the tickets of these trains for the purpose of LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that flexi fare (dynamic fare) applicable in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains shall be admissible for the journey(s) performed by these trains on LTC. This dynamic fare component shall not be admissible in cases where a non entitled Government servant travels by air and claims reimbursement for the entitled class of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains. Such Government servants will get reimbursement of fare after deducting the dynamic fare component.
3. The above decision shall be applicable retrospectively with effect from 9th September, 2016, i.e. the date from which flexi-fare system was introduced by Railways.
4. Hindi version will follow.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Flexi Fare Scheme of Indian Railways
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains
- Central Civil Services (LTC) Rules, 1988-Admissibility charges in respect of rail journey performed on LTC – Clarification reg
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification orders issued by DoPT on 27.1.2015
- Leave travel concession (LTC) for railway employees & CCS (LTC) rules
- Revision in Menu and Rates for Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto Trains with Effect from 17th October 2013
- Central Government Employees now get LTC advance ahead of 4 months of journey
- Reimbursement of full fare under Dynamic System of Railways – LTC fares