Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Old JNU Campus, New Delhi 110 067
Subject:- Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period – regarding.
This Department has been receiving several references requesting for clarification relating to the regularization of absence during the COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period.
- In this regard, it is stated that this Department has already issued a clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 lockdown period vide DoPT’s OM no. 14029/5/2020-Estt.(L)(pt.) dated 28.07.2020 (copy enclosed).
- It is further clarified that this Department’s OM dated 28.07.2020 has been issued in view of the circumstances that the country is going through due to COVID-19 situations and the unavoidable problems faced by the Government employees in different sectors under the Government of India. A general terminology has been adopted to cover all kinds of problems faced by the employees due to the COVID-19 situation. The said OM may not touch all specific circumstantial problems faced by all employees under the Government of India; however, an interpretation of such circumstances in congruence with the clarification made in the above OM is adaptable.
- Therefore, all Ministries / Departments may examine cases relating to regularization of absence during the COVID-19 lockdown period in the light of this Department’s OM dated 28.07.2020 referred to above and the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Home Affairs from time to time.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Central government employees news latest update today
|1||Government Servants who were on official tour and were unable to return to their Headquarters (HQs) due to non-availability of Public Transport||Deemed to have joined duty on the date of expiry of official tour, if intimation in any form, indicating difficulty in joining duty due to non-availability of public transport/ flights, has been given by the Government servant to the office.|
|2||Government servants who were on leave prior to issue of lockdown orders with effect from 25.03.2020 and the leave ended during lockdown period||Deemed to have joined duty from the date of expiry of leave, if intimation in any form, indicating difficulty in joining duty due to non-availability of public transport /flights has been given by the Government servant to the office. In case of leave on medical grounds, this is subject to production of medical/fitness certificate|
|3||Government servants who left HQ on the week-end prior to lockdown, i.e. 20.03.2020 (Friday), but could not return to HQ on 23.03.2020 (Monday) due to non-availability of transport.||Deemed to have joined on 23.03.2020, if intimation, in any form indicating difficulty in joining duty due to nonavailability of public transport/ flights has been given by the Government servant to the office.|
|4||Government servants who were on leave prior to issue of orders on lockdown with effect from 25.03.2020 and the leave expired during the lock down but who wish to curtail the leave before expirty and join duty||Curtailment of sanctioned leave may not be agreed to, unless allowed by the leave sanctioning authority only in rare cases based on official exigency. From the date following the date of expiry of leave during the period of lockdown, the employee may be deemed to have joined duty.|
Related to Your Search:
- Regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – Latest DoPT Order
- Absence during COVID-19 lockdown period – Clarification issued by Department of Space for their employees
- Clarification on regarding of Absence during COVID-19 Lockdown period
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance is granted to Central Government employees during Nationwide Lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic – DoE
- Contract staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’