Children Education Allowance -Frequently asked questions – Railway Board Orders on 1.6.2015
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways &
New Delhi, Dated: 01-06-2015
Sub: Children Education Allowance -Frequently asked questions.
Please refer to Railway Board’s letter of even number dated 01.10.2008 followed by subsequent letters regarding revised policy instructions /clarifications on Children Education Allowance admissible to Railway Servants, based on the recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission.
2. Now, DOP&T has inter-alia issued clarification on reimbursement of Children Education Allowance in the form of frequently asked questions (FAQ) in terms of their Office Memorandum No. 1-11020/1/2014-Estt.(AL).
The text of OM is tabulated below for guidance of all concerned.
Completer Railway Board Orders RBE 53/2015 has been uploaded below :-
|1||Whether reimbursement of Children Education Allowance is admissible for the|
|(a)||Nursery/LKG/UKG as there is no provision of recognition of these classes in most of the States/UTs’;||Reimbursement is permissible only if the child is studying in a recognised educational institution.|
|(b)||Third child if either of the first two children is disabled to the extent that he/she cannot go to school;||Reimbursement is allowed to only the two eldest surviving children of the Government servant except when the 2nd child birth in multiple births of the Child is born due to failure of sterilization operation.|
|(c)||The children borne out of second marriage or the children of second wife/husband in additions to children from first marriage;||Reimbursement is allowed to only the eldest surviving children of the Government servant.|
|(d)||Entitlement of number of Note Books;||Reimbursement is permissible for any number of note books as may be prescribed by the recognised educational institution.|
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification on Children Education Allowance as FAQ issued by Railway Board on 1.6.2015
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance-lok sabha Q&A
- Electronic receipts acceptable for claiming Children Education Allowance (CEA) by central government employees
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions (13.05.2014)
- Children Education Allowance
- FAQ on Children Education Allowance, OTA / NDA, Honorarium/Fee, Leave – Dopt Order April 2015