Change of father’s name of students of Kendriya Vidyalayas – regarding.
KEDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN (HQ)
18, INSTITUTIONAL AREA
SHAHEED JEET SINGH MARG
The Deputy Commissioner
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
Sub :- Change of father’s name of students of Kendriya Vidyalayas – regarding.
I am to refer to your letter No.F. 14044/6-15/2012-KVS/Bhopal/5931dated 12-09-2012 on the subject mentioned above and It is to Inform you that under law the biological father’s name cannot be changed till such time the said father allows or gives away the child in adoption under adoption laws.The biological mother cannot unilaterally allow her child to change the name to new person whom she will marry or has married. Under these circumstances, It is not legaIy permissible to change the name of biological father.
In the case of single biological mother who has been either divorced or has lost her husband on account of death etc. the rule position is that before she marries again, she is permitted to change the name of her child. This is permissible In law however she is not allowed to change the name of the child while the father is alive and without his consent.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Deputy Commissioner (Acad.)
Source : www.kvsangathan.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Change in Limitation Period of cases pertaining to correction in Name (C/N, M/N, F/N) / Date of Birth from one to five year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale revision – Assistant Editor in PB-2 GP 4600 w.e.f. 1.1.2006 and Pay Matrix Level-7 w.e.f. 1.1.2016: KVS Order
- RESERVATION TO CHILDREN BORN FROM ST MOTHER AND NON-ST FATHER
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Scholarship/Merit Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC/Min. Students studying in classes I-XII for the year 2012-13
- Paternity Leave for Child Adoption/Child Adoption Leave
- Exemption of Tuition fee for third child –KVS Order date 9.12.2014
- Format to Issue Medical Disability Certificate for allotment of Government Accommodation