Centre Approves 100% Hike in the Salaries of Member of Parliaments, Bill Likely in Winter Session
Parliamentarians can soon expect a steep hike in salary as the Centre has decided to provide them with a basic salary of Rs 1 lakh per month, a 100% hike from the current Rs 50,000.
The salary hike for the MP’s has been in demands from a while when the Delhi government approved the huge hikes in Delhi MLA’s salaries. But Government was looking to avoid the hike in the salaries of the Member of Parliaments.
But Now it Looks like that the government had bowed to the increasing demand by the MP’s.
The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) is learnt to have agreed to consider a recommendation made by the Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament, which is headed by BJP MP Yogi Adityanath.
The panel had also demanded a slew of benefits like more air tickets and soft loans for cars.
A bill is expected to be passed in the upcoming winter session of Parliament to hike the MPs’ salary and allowances .
Not Just the MP’s but also the Governors and President will be benefitted with the salary hike. The government is also mulling over increasing the President’s salary from current Rs 1.5 lakh per month to Rs five lakh and the Governor’s salary from current Rs. 1.10 lakh to Rs. 2.5 lakh.
Related to Your Search:
- These employees will get 100% hike even without Pay Commission
- We Don’t need a Pay Commission – We will Hike it Ourself – Parliamentarians to get 100% Hike
- MPs Demand for 100 Percent Pay hike
- Government gives nod to 200% hike in salaries of Supreme Court, High Court judges
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission : Centre Approves 300% increase in Salary for UPSC chief, members
- Madhya Pradesh Government Nods to Hike MLAs’ Salary, Allowance
- President, Vice-President, Governors may get a salary hike before CG Employees
- Salary Hike for Government Employees Likely to be Delayed by 2 Months