Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 1st February, 2013.
Subject : Central Vigilance Commission’s jurisdiction over employees of Multi-State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc.
The undersigned is directed to say that a question has been recently raised as to whether Central Vigilance Commission functioning under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 has jurisdiction/superintendence over the Multi- State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc.
2. A legal opinion of Learned Attorney General was obtained which has been accepted by the Ministry of Law & Justice. The Ld. Attorney General has opined that the Members, office bearers and employees of the Multi-State Cooperative Societies would fall within the purview of Section 2(c) of the Prevention of Corruption Act and that the Central Vigilance Commission is duly empowered to exercise jurisdiction over NAFED and KRIBHCO and similar societies under Section 8 (1) of the CVC, Act, 2003.
3. All Ministries/Departments are requested to take note of the legal position stated above in so far as the societies with which they are administratively concerned for taking appropriate action.
Under Secretary to the Govermhent of India
Related to Your Search:
- Central Vigilance Commission’s jurisdiction over employees of Multi-State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc
- Filling up of vacancy of Consultant(Vigiiance) in the Kendriya Bhandar
- Withdrawal under paragraph 68-BD of EPF Scheme, 1952 for housing needs of the PF members
- Amendment of Government of India’s Resolution : Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) Resolution-regarding
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) and General Pool Office Accommodation to Kendirya Bhandar (Central Government Employees Consumer Cooperative Society Limited).
- DoPT: Selection to the post of Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission
- Withdrawal of Cash from Bank account per week – RBI Instructions on 25.11.2016
- Railways Observes Vigilance Awareness Week 2012
- DoPT: Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission