MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 2nd August, 2016
G.S.R. 753(E) − In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules to amend the Central Secretariat Service Rules, 2009 namely :−
1. Short title and commencement −(1) These rules may be called the Central Secretariat Service (Amendment) Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Central Secretariat Service Rules, 2009 ,-
(A) for the words “Assistants’ Grade”, the words “Assistant Section Officers’ Grade”, wherever they occur, shall respectively be substituted;
(B) in rule 5, after sub-rule (1), the following note shall be inserted, namely :-
“Note: The authorised strength of the service shall be subject to variation to be indicated by the Government from time to time.”;
(C) after rule 6, the following note shall be inserted, namely :-
“Note: The cadre unit wise distribution of posts shall be subject to variation to be indicated by the Government from time to time.”;
(D) in the rule 11, after sub-rule (1), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely :-
“Provided that where sufficient number of eligible officers with five years’ approved service are not available, regular officers of Selection Grade with not less than three years’ of regular service in that grade and not less than ten years approved service from their appointment to the Grade-I, shall also be eligible for promotion.”;
(E) in rule 12,-
(I) in sub-rule (1),-
(i) for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely :-
“(a) The regular vacancies in the Section Officers’ Grade shall be filled by appointment of persons included in the Select List for Section Officers’ Grade comprising fifty per cent from regular officers of Assistant Section Officers’ Grade who have rendered not less than eight years’ approved service in that Grade and fifty per cent. from persons selected through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
(ii) in clause (b), for the portion beginning with “ (b) The rules for the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination” and ending with “shall also be made by that Department”, the following
shall be substituted, namely:-
(b) The rules for the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination referred to in clause (a) of this sub-rule shall be determined by regulations made by the Department of
Personnel and Training:”;
(II) in sub-rule (2),-
(i) for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
“(a) Seventy-five per cent. of the regular vacancies in the Assistant Section Officers’ Grade shall be filled by direct recruitment of graduates possessing computer proficiency as may be notified
by the Department of Personnel and Training on the basis of results of a competitive examination held by the Staff Selection Commission once in a year, for this purpose and the remaining twenty-five per cent. vacancies shall be filled by appointment of persons included in the Select List for Assistant Section Officers’ Grade comprising fifteen per cent. of the total from the regular officers of Senior Secretariat Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service who have rendered not less than ten years’ approved service in that Grade and ten per cent. from persons selected through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for Senior Secretariat Assistant of Central Secretariat Clerical Service to be conducted by Staff Selection Commission, once in a year for this purpose.”;
(ii) in clause (c), the words “and the allotment of candidates from the result of this examination to the various cadre units shall also be made by that Department” shall be omitted;
(iii) clause (d) shall be renumbered as sub-rule (3);
(F) in rule 13, –
(i) sub-rule (2) shall be omitted ;
(ii) in sub-rule (3), the word, brackets and figure “and (2)” shall be omitted;
(G) for the rule 14, the following rule shall be substituted, namely :-
“14. Completion of Probation.-(1) Upon completion of the probation period or the extended probation period, if any, the appointing authority shall assess the performance of the officer, as per
prescribed procedure, and shall declare either:-
(a) that the probation has been successfully completed;
(b) that the probation has not been successfully completed; or
(c) that the probation period is to be extended under sub-rule (3) of rule 13.
(2) When a directly recruited officer undergoing probation has successfully completed the probation to the satisfaction of the appointing authority, he shall be eligible for confirmation in the service and when such officer has not successfully completed his probation, he shall be discharged or reverted in accordance with rule 15.
(3) An officer shall continue to be on probation till he is confirmed under this rule or is discharged or reverted under rule 15.”;
(H) in rule 15, for sub-rule (4), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely :-
“(4) A member of the Service other than a direct recruit on probation in Assistant Section Officers’ Grade or Grade-I who is not considered suitable for continuance in that Grade during or at
the end of the period of probation specified in sub-rule (1) of rule 13 or the extended period, if any, under sub-rule (3) of that rule, shall be reverted to the next lower grade of the Service or to the
concerned grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service, as the case may be, from which he was appointed on probation to the grade of the Service:
Provided that an officer so reverted to the lower grade shall be reconsidered for appointment to the higher grade, on probation, only after completion of one year from the date of such reversion.”;
(I) in rule 17, in sub clause (v), for the figures “4200”, the figures “4600” shall be substituted;
(J) in rule 23, for the words “relax the requirement of the rule”, the words “relax in consultation with the Commission the requirement of the rule” shall be substituted;
(K) in rule 25, for the words, “the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes”, the words “the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes” shall be substituted.
ARCHANA VARMA, Jt. Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published vide number G.S.R.140 (E) dated the 27th February, 2009 and subsequently
S.No. Notification No. Dated
1. G.S.R.759 (E) 15th September, 2010
Related to Your Search:
- Central Civil Services (Leave) Second Amendment Rules, 2017
- Change of Nomenclature of posts- Assistant to Assistant Section Officer, Upper Division Clerk to Sr. Assistant and Lower Division Clerk to Jr. Assistant in CAT: DoPT Notification
- Amendment in Pension Rules : Central Civil Services (pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2012
- Indian Police Service (Pay) Amendment Rules, 2017
- Indian Forest Service (Pay) Amendment Rules, 2017
- Indian Administrative Service (Pay) Amendment Rules, 2017
- CCS (CCA) Amendment Rules 2017 – Dopt Orders on 2.6.2017
- Gazette Notification – Central Civil Services CCS (Pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2019
- Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Third Amendment Rules, 2015.