Central Government notifies Exemption from Quoting Aadhaar / Enrolment ID to certain individuals
The Central Government vide notification dated 11th May, 2017 has notified that the requirement of quoting of Aadhaar / Enrolment ID shall not apply to the following individuals if they do not possess the Aadhaar / Enrolment ID:
- An individual who is residing in the state of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya.
- An individual who is a non-resident as per the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- An individual of the age of eighty years or more at any time during the previous year.
- An individual who is not a citizen of India.
The notification is available on the Income Tax website www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
Section 139AA of the Income-tax Act, 1961, as inserted by the Finance Act, 2017 provides for mandatory quoting of Aadhaar / Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form for filing of return of income and for making an application for allotment of Permanent Account Number with effect from 1st July, 2017. Section 139AA (3) of the Act empowers the Central Government to notify the person(s) or State(s) to which the requirement of quoting of Aadhaar / Enrolment ID shall not apply.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax department launches new facility to link Aadhaar with PAN
- Income Tax Department lists Transactions where PAN will be Mandatory
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- CBDT notifies Income Tax Return Forms for Assessment Year 2018-19
- CBDT extends date till 31.3.18 for linking of Aadhaar with PAN
- Government Makes Aadhaar Mandatory for TB Patients to Avail Government Aid
- PCDA Circular .197 – Identification/verification of additional documents produced by Defence Forces pensioners in absence of Aadhaar number as indicated in Notification No. S.O. 747(E) dated 03.03.2017 issued by Deptt. Of ESW
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) included under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act 2016
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced