Dopt Clarification on LTC – Eligibility of Home Town Concession- Frequently Asked Questions
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A-IV), dated 18.5.2015
￼Subject: Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988- Clarification regarding eligibility of Home Town Concession- Frequently Asked Questions.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department receives a number of references from Government servants/ various Ministries/Departments seeking clarifications regarding the eligibility of Government employees in respect of Home Town LTC. The point of doubts raised and their clarifications are as under :-
S.No. / Query / Clarification
1. Whether the employees whose Headquarters/ Place of posting and Home Town are same, are eligible for Home Town LTC?
No. Government employees whose headquarters/place of posting and Home Town are one and the same are not eligible for Home Town LTC.
2. Whether the employees who are not eligible for Home Town LTC may avail the Special Concession scheme of conversion of Home Town LTC to travel to North East Region, allowed by DoPT’s 31011/3/2014-Estt.A-IV 26.09.2014?
No. Employees whose Home Town & Headquarters are same are not eligible for Home town LTC and hence, the question of conversion of Home Town LTC to travel to these places under special concession scheme does not arise.
3. Whether the employees residing in cities / towns outside Delhi which fall under other states of National Capital Region (NCR) are eligible for Home Town Concession?
Yes, Cities/Towns which outside Delhi and fall in other states of NCR are not to be treated as Delhi Headquarters. Hence, the Government employees whose headquarters are Delhi and reside in cities/towns outside Delhi falling in other states of NCR, are eligible for Jammu & Kashmir & Andaman & Nicobar Islands as eligible for Home Town Concession.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government Employees: No LTC in case of posting in home town
- Headquarters/Home Town LTC: Central Government Employees’ Confusions Continue
- LTC – Will Air Travel Continue for the Next 2 Years?
- LTC entitlements of unmarried Government servants – Clarification on Conversion of Home Town LTC facility
- Avail LTC for the block 2014-2015 before it finally expires by December 2016
- Home Town LTC to employees whose headquarter and home town are within the same district
- Declaration of Home Town under LTC Rules
- LTC for New Joining Central Government Employees – FAQ
- Availing of Home Town LTC for other places