Central Government approves extension of benefits of Child Care Leave to single male civilian employees
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has approved extension of benefits of Child Care Leave (CCL) to single male service personnel and certain relaxations of CCL provisions in case of woman officers of defence forces, in line with a recent DoPT order extending similar benefits of CCL to civilian employees.
Presently, CCL is being granted to woman officers in defence forces. Recently, DoPT has made certain amendments for grant of CCL to civilian employees, whereby the CCL granted to woman employees till now has been extended to single male government servants also. The age limit of 22 years prescribed earlier in the case of a child with 40 percent disability has been removed for the purpose of availing CCL. Further, the minimum period of CCL that can be availed at a time has been reduced to 05 days instead of 15 days.
Now the proposal of Ministry of Defence extending similar benefits to Defence personnel has been approved by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh. With this, single male service personnel will be able to avail the benefit of CCL. Single male service personnel and woman officers of defence forces will also be able to avail CCL in respect of child with 40 percent disability without any restriction of age limit of the child. Further, the minimum period of CCL that can be availed in each spell has been reduced to 05 days from the earlier limit of 15 days.
Related to Your Search:
- Child Care Leave (CCL) for single male parent recommended by 7th Pay Commission report
- Single Central Government Male Employees to get Child Care Leave – Gazette Notification issued
- 7th Pay Commission – Recommendation for more Leave and Holidays
- Notification on leave as per 7th CPC’s recommendations – DoPT
- Proposals on Child Care Leave (CCL) and Maternity Leave
- Child Care Leave – recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Jammu and Kashmir government women employees can now get 2-years child care leave
- Child Care Leave to women employees of Public Sector undertakings – Dopt
- Will the 7th CPC Extend Child Care Leave for Male Employees Too?