Clarification on Date of Next Increment (DNI) in Promotion – Rajya Sabha Questions and Answers 2019
In Rajya Sabha on 10.12.2019, a question was raised regarding the determination of date of next increment for Central Government employees. The Minister of State for Finance Shri Anurag Singh Thakur has replied in written form as follows…
“In case an employee, promoted between 2nd January and 30th June (both inclusive), opts for pay fixation from the date of next increment i.e., 1st July, the first increment on the level to which he/she has been promoted will be on following 1st January”.
Also he said, as per Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 4-21/2017-IC/E.III(A) dated 28.11.2019, the employee promoted on any other date than the date of annual increment and exercises the option under FR 22(1)(a)(1) for fixation of pay from the date of accrual of next increment in the scale of pay in lower grade, would be allowed the 1st increment in promotional grade on 1st January 1st July as the case may be after completion of 6 months’ qualifying service after such fixation on 1st July / 1st January (i.e., the date of increment in lower grade).
Source: DoPT & MoF Orders
Related to Your Search:
- Date of Next Increment after Promotion / Upgradation as per 7th CPC – PCDA Clarification
- MACPS – Date of next increment under Rule 10 of the CCS RP Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Central Civil Services Revised Pay Rules 2016
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 1 to 2
- Date of Next Increment DNI after Promotion / Upgradation after completion of 6 months qualifying service i.e., on 1st Jan or 1st July
- 7th CPC Annual Increment – Two Dates for Grant of Increment
- Date of next increment- Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016
- Availability of option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of fixation of pay from DNI, if opted for, in context of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Methodology – Detailed report with 2 Illustrations