Cadre Review of Barrack and Stores Cadre – MoD Orders
Ministry of Defence
Subject: Cadre Review of Barrack and Stores Cadre- reg
Reference is invited to MoD letter no. 76002/1St CR/BS Cadre/CSCC/23(l)/2017/D(W-II) dated 15.12.2017 and letter dated 10.05.2018.
2. During Inter Ministerial consultation regarding the Post of Joint DG (Resources), DoPT have noted some procedural and other discrepancies and stated as under
(i) The proposal of BS Cadre does not specifically mention the cadre as organised Group ‘A’ Cadre. However, the proposal has been finalized in a manner that it contains attributes of organised Group ‘A’ service such as DR element at JTS to the extent of 50%, all standard grade of Group ‘A’ Service upto SAG, making all the posts above JTS promotional, provision of 30% NFSG and mention of NFU, As such, the proposal tantamount to formation of an Organised Group ‘A’ service.
(ii) As per procedural requirements, for formation of a Service as Group ‘A’ Cadre/Group ‘A’ Service/Organised ‘ Service, the cadre review guidelines issued by the DoPT on 14/12/2010 are applicable. Proposals for formation of a Service as Group ‘A’ Cadre/Group ‘A’ Service/Organised Services are to be placed. before the Cadre Review Committee (CRC) headed by Cabinet Secretary with Secretary (Personnel), Secretary (Expenditure), Secretary (Administrative Department) and the Senior Most Member of the service concerned as Members. Based on the recommendations of CRC, approval of MoS (PP) and Finance Minister is obtained and subsequently the proposal is submitted for approval of the cabinet. The above, procedure has not been completed in the Cadre Review of Barracks and Store Cadre and the sanction letter has been issued only on the basis of approval of Deptt. of Expenditure.
(iii) The Cadre Review for Barrack and Stores cadre may also have serious implication on. the concept of organized Group ‘A’ Service/ Group ‘A’ Service/ NFU/NFSG etc. and various court cases on the matter of organized status/NFU/extension of 30% NFSG etc.
(iv) Accordingly, MoD’s letter dated 15/ 12/2017 needs to be immediately withdrawal/kept on hold wrt Group ‘A’ cadre till the approval of the competent authority (i.e Cabinet) on the Cadre Review/formation of Group ‘A’ Cadre/Group ‘A’ service/organized status. The procedure as per Cadre Review guidelines issued by the DoPT on 14/12/2010 needs to be followed and proposal submitted to DoPT along with all necessary details. However, if it is intended to retain the cadre as Group ‘B’/Group ‘C’ and not as Group ‘A’, the proposal may be revisited accordingly in consultation with DoE and while revisiting the provisions of DR element at JTS, 30% NFSG, NFU etc. which are characteristic/attributes of organized Group ‘A’ service may be withdrawn.
3. E-in-C’s Branch is requested to review the Cadre Review proposal and resubmit the file in the light of DoPT instructions whether they intend to retain the cadre as Group ‘B’/ Group ‘C’ or intend to create an Organised Group ‘A’ service. Based on the inputs, the proposal will be resubmitted to DoE if it is decided to retain the Cadre as Group ‘B’/Group ‘C’ or will be taken up with DoPT as per the guidelines if the intention is to create an Organised Gr ‘A’ Service.
4. Further, E-in-C’s Branch is requested to keep the Pay and Allowances of Barrack and Stores Cadre (BSO and above) in abeyance in light of the DoPT instructions till finalization of the case and in case pay fixation of the posts (BSO and above) have been carried out immediate steps may be taken to withdraw the same.
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Vishnu Dutta Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of 8 organized Group ‘A’ Services in Railways
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Calendar for Cadre Review of Central Group ‘A’ Services
- Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.01.2020 – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.12.2020 – Latest DoPT Orders 2021
- Status of Cadre Review proposals processed in DoPT as on 05/07/2016
- DoPT: Calendar for Cadre Review of Central Group ‘A’ Services
- Review of instructions on appointment to Non Functional Selection Grade – Dopt Orders on 25.6.2015
- DoPT Orders 2020: Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.12.2019
- DoPT Orders 2020: Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.10.2020