Bonus Order for Postal Employees, Gramin Dak Sevak & Casual Labours
File No. 26-04/2013-PAP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan,Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
Dated 4 th October, 2013
Subject:- Productivity Linked Bonus for the Accounting year 2012-2013.
I am directed to convey the approval of the President of India for payment of Productivity Linked Bonus for the accounting year 2012-2013 equivalent of emoluments of 60 (Sixty) days to the employees of Department of Posts in Group `D`,Group `C` and non Gazetted Group `B`. Ex-gratia payment of Bonus to Gramin Dak Sevaks who are regularly appointed after observing all appointment formalities and adhoc payment of Bonus to Casual labourers who have been conferred Temporary Status are also to be paid equivalent to allowance/wages respectively for 60 (sixty) Days for the same period.
1.1 The calculation for the purpose of payment of Bonus under each category will be done as indicated below.
2. REGULAR EMPLOYEES:
2.1 Bonus will be calculated on the basis of the following formula:-
Average emoluments X Number of days of Bonus
30.4(Average no. of days in a month)
2.2 The term “Emoluments” for regular Employees include basic Pay in the pay Band plus Grade Pay, Dearness Pay, Personal Pay, Special Pay (Allowances), S.B.Allowance, Deputation (Duty ) Allowance, Dearness Allowance and Training Allowance given to Faculty Members in Training Institutes. In case of drawl of salary exceeding Rs.3500/- (Rs. Three Thousand Five hundred only)in any month during the accounting year 2012-13 the Emoluments shall be restricted to Rs.3500/- (Rs. Three Thousand Five hundred only) per month only.
2.3 “ Average Emoluments” for regular Employees is arrived at by dividing by twelve ,the total salary drawn during the year 2012-13 for the period from 1.4.2012 to 31.3.2013, by restricting each month’s salary to Rs.3500/- (Rs. Three Thousand Five hundred only) per month. However, for the periods of EOL and dies-non in a given month ,proportionate deduction is required to be made from the ceiling limit of Rs.3500/- (Rs. Three Thousand Five hundred only).
2.4 In case of those regular employees who were under suspension, or on whom dies-non was imposed ,or both, during the accounting year, the clarificatory order issued vide Paras 1 & 3 respectively of this office order No. 26-8/80-PAP (Pt-I) dated 11.6.81 and No. 26-4/87-PAP (Pt.II) dated 8.2.88 will apply.
2.5 Those employees who resigned, retired, left service or proceeded on deputation within the Department of Posts or those who have proceeded on deputation outside the Department of Posts on or after 1.4.2012 will also be entitled to Bonus. In case of all such employees, the Bonus admissible will be as per provisions of Para 2.1 to 2.3 above.
3. GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS (GDS)
3.1 In respect of Gramin Dak Sevaks who were on duty through out the year during 2012-2013, Average monthly Time Related Continuity Allowance will be calculated taking into account the Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus corresponding Dearness Allowance drawn by them for the period from 1.4.2012 to 31.3.2013 divided by 12 (Twelve). However, where the Time Related Continuity Allowance exceeds Rs 3500/- (Rs.Three Thousand Five hundred only) in any month during this period., the allowances will be restricted to Rs 3500/- (Rs.Three Thousand Five hundred only) per month. Ex-gratia payment of Bonus may be calculated by applying the Bonus formula as mentioned below:-
Average TRCA X Number of days of Bonus
30.4 (Average no. of days in a month)
3.2 The allowances drawn by a substitute will not be counted towards Bonus calculation for either the substitute or the incumbent Gramin Dak Sevaks. In respect of those Gramin Dak Sevaks who were appointed in short term vacancies in Postman/Group `D` Cadre, the clarificatory orders issued vide Directorate letter No. 26-6/89-PAP dated 6.2.1990 and No. 26-7/90-PAP dated 4.7.91 will apply.
3.3 If a Gramin Dak Sevak has been on duty for a part of the year by way of a fresh appointment, or for having been put off duty, or for having left service, he will be paid proportionate ex-gratia Bonus calculated by applying the procedure prescribed in Para 3.1
3.4 Those Gramin Dak Sevaks who have resigned, discharged or left service on or after 1.4.2012 will also be entitled to proportionate ex-gratia Bonus. In case of all such Gramin Dak Sevaks, the Ex-gratia Bonus admissible will be as per provisions of Para 3.1 above.
3.5 In case of those Gramin Dak Sevaks who were under put off duty or on whom dies non was imposed, or both during the accounting year ,the clarificatory orders issued vide Para 1 & 3 respectively of this office order No. 26-8/80-PAP (Pt I) dated 11.6.81 and No. 26-4/87-PAP (Pt II) will apply.
4. FULL TIME CASUAL LABOURERS INCLUDING TEMPORARY STATUS CASUAL LABOURERS)
Full Time Casual Labourers (including Temporary Status Casual Labourers ) who worked for 8 hours a day, for at least 240 days in a year for three consecutive years or more (206 days in each year for three years or more in case of offices observing 5 days a week) as on 31.3.2013 will be paid ad-hoc Bonus on notional monthly wages of Rs.1200/- (Rupees Twelve Hundred only)
The maximum ad-hoc Bonus will be calculated as below:-
(Notional monthly wages of Rs.1200) X (Number of days of Bonus)
30.4 (average no. of days in a month)
Accordingly , the rate of Bonus per day will work out as indicated below:-
Maximum ad-hoc Bonus for the year
The above rate of Bonus per day may be applied to the number of days for which the services of such casual labourers had been utilized during the period from 1.4.2012 to 31.3.2013. In case where the actual wages in any month fall below during the period 1.4.2012 to 31.3.2013 the actual monthly wages drawn should be taken into account to arrive at the actual ad-hoc Bonus due in such cases.
5. The amount of Bonus /Ex gratia payment /Adhoc Bonus payable under this order will be rounded to the nearest rupee. The payment of Productivity Linked Bonus as well as the ex-gratia payment and ad-hoc payment will be chargeable to the Head `Salaries` under the relevant Sub –Head of account to which the pay and allowances of the staff are debited. The payment will be met from the sanctioned grant for the year 2013-2014.
6. After payment, the total expenditure incurred and the number of employees paid may be ascertained from all units by Circles and consolidated figures be intimated to the Budget Section of the Department of Posts. The Budget Section will furnish consolidated information to PAP Section about the total amount of Bonus paid and the total number of employees (category-wise) to whom it was distributed for the Department as a whole.
7. This issue with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their diary No. 156/FA/13/CS dated .4th October, 2013
8. Receipt of this letter may be acknowledged
Assistant Director General (Estt)
Related to Your Search:
- Postal: Department issued orders bonus to GDS employees as per with departmental and DA for per-revised 6th CPC to CG and autonomous bodies
- Bonus Order issued by Postal Department
- Bonus Orders 2015 : 60 Days Productivity Linked Bonus for Postal Employees – Orders issued
- Bonus for Postal Employees 2019 – Productivity Linked Bonus 60 Days Bonus for Postal Employees
- Postal Employees Productivity Linked Bonus for the Accounting year 2016-17.
- Enhancement of ceiling for calculation of ex-gratia bonus payable to Gramin Dak Sevaks- 2013-14
- Productivity Linked Bonus for the Accounting year 2017-18
- BONUS ORDER ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF POST
- 60 Days Bonus for Postal Employees – Orders issued by Department of Posts