Bank Employees Strike on 12th November 2014
UFBU have announced a all India token strike on November 12 to reiterate their demands for a wage revision. The decision was made at the meeting that was held in Bengaluru yesterday.
It has been more than two years since the wage revision agreement had expired. Following this, a number of meetings were held between the associations and the bank management over the new salary and increment contracts. The IBA didn’t accept the demand for a 25% salary hike. Instead, the management offered 11% hike. The negotiations failed.
Meanwhile, in order to stress thier demand for salary hike, Bankers are going to hold Protest Day – Badge Wearing – Demonstrations/Rallies at all Centres on the 17th and 30th of this month. On the 12th of November, all bank staff are going to hold a nationwide strike. If we still do not reach an agreement on salary hike, they are going to hold day-long relay strikes at each of the four regional zones – north, south, east and west, from December 2 to 5. If the IBA continues to ignore thier demands, then they will be forced to launch an indefinite strike. Announcements in this regard will be made in December.
UFBU said, everyone is aware that employees and officers in the banking sector are doing their best to serve the customers and implement various schemes of the Government despite innumerable hardships and difficulties. Yet, the genuine demand for adequate wage revision is being delayed and denied.
Decisions taken in the meeting…
March on to struggles and strike actions
All India Strike on 12th November, 2014
4 Days Zonal Strikes from 2nd to 5th December, 2014
Get ready for indefinite strike programme
Source: 7th Pay Commission News
#Bank Employees, #Bank Employees News, #Strike, #All India Strike, #Bank Strike, #Bank Xth Bipartite, #Bipartite Wage Revision, #IBA, #UFBU
Related to Your Search:
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU not satisfied with IBA’s offer, to go on strike
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- Second and fourth Saturdays to be bank holidays, Remaining Saturdays will be full working days
- IBA Circular on deferment of bank strike proposed on 7th Jan 2015
- Strike Notice by UFBU on 20th and 21st January 2014 – Deferred
- UFBU decides to revive the strike programmes – 4 days strike from 25th to 28th Feb 2015
- UFBU meeting All India Strike – Talks with IBA on wage revision – Offer increased to 8%
- Nation wide strike by bank employees: Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Payment of Salary to Central Government Employees on 28th July, 2016 instead of 29th July, 2016 due to bank strike called by UFBU