Bank Charges for Non-Home Branch Customers
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has informed that they have advised Scheduled Commercial Banks, vide their circular dated 01.07.2013 to follow a uniform, fair and transparent pricing policy and not to discriminate between their customers at home branch and non-home branches. If a particular service is provided free at home branch, the same should be available free at non-home branches also.
There should be no discrimination as regards intersol charges between similar transactions done by customers at home branches and those done at non-home branches. However, cash handling charges are not included under intersol charges. The circular dated 01.07.2013 is available at RBI website www.rbi.org.in.
This was stated by Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- India Post Payment Bank IPPB – Schedule of Charges (Tariffs are excluding applicable taxes)
- LPG customers to now get a discount for on-line payment of LPG refill
- RBI: Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies – October 4, 2017- Banking Facility for Senior Citizens and Differently abled Persons
- Indelible Ink Mark to avoid multiple transactions : Not applicable for withdrawal or deposit
- Withdrawal of Minimum Balance Penalty by Banks
- Stop charging prepayment penalty on home loans: RBI to banks
- Non-acceptance of Nomination Form for Life Time Arrear (LTA)
- Foreclosure charges / Pre-payment penalties on Housing Loan
- 4 Days Bank Holiday from Thursday Onward