Adjustment of SC ST candidates for promotion
Unstarred questions raised by the Member of Shri.Narendra Kumar Kashyap regarding the above subject in the Rajya Sabha as follows…
Whether those Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates who have qualified against open seats for promotion cannot be adjusted against the vacancies meant for scheduled castes..?
Whether Government, proposes to take any concrete steps to do justice to the SC and ST candidates in this regard?
The below information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Shri. V.Narayanasamy in the Rajya Sabha on 29th November 2012.
The Supreme Court in the matter of R.K.Sabharwal v/s. State of Punjab has held that reserved category candidates who are appointed/promoted in Government jobs on their own merit shall be adjusted against unreserved quota and reservation quota vacancies shall be filled in addition to the above. The Central Government has been following the principle laid down by the Supreme Court.
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation in promotion – Minister replied in Rajya Sabha
- Changes in Reservation Policy
- Reservation in Promotion for SCs and STs in Government Jobs – Rajya Sabha Passes the Amendment Bill
- Reservation in promotion to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes
- Enhancement of Reservation for SCs & STs – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Central Government Jobs: Recruitment of SC,ST and OBC
- INCREASE IN RESERVATION QUOTA