Accident Free Service Award as per 7th CPC pay structure to retired railway employee after 01.01.2016.
Accident Free Service Award to retired employees after 01.01.2016 shall be paid in accordance with the 7th CPC salary structure and no arrears shall be admissible for which the award has already been disbursed.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No.2018/ Safety (DM)/18/2
New Delhi, dtd. 13.01.2020
All Zonal Railways and
Sub: Accident Free service award to the employee retired after 01.01.2016.
Ref: Board’s letter of even no. dated 28.11.2018
Vide Board’s letter referred above, it was clarified that the Accident Free Service Award to the staff retired after 01.01.2016 shall be paid as per the salary structure of 7th CPC and no arrears shall be admissible to whom the award is already disbursed.
Various Railways have brought out that some of the staff that had retired between 01.01.2016 & 28.11.2018 have been paid Accident Free Service Award as per 6th CPC pay structure while some of them have still not been paid the award due to various reasons and would therefore, be eligible for award as per 7th CPC pay structure. This would lead to different treatment meted out to two sets of staff retired during the same period.
In this respect, Board has examined the matter and it has been decided that the Accident Free Service Award will be paid as per 7th CPC pay structure w.e.f. 01.07.2017, the date on which revised rate of allowances as per the 7th CPC came into effect. Therefore, the staff who have retired between 01.07.2017 & 28.11.2018 and have been paid as per 6th CPC pay structure will be eligible for payment of arrears of the Accident Free Service Award as per 7th CPC pay structure.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Related to Your Search:
- Award to Railway Staff for Accident Free Service
- DA Over 100% – Admissible of supplementary claims for difference on arrears of TA/DA
- 7th CPC: Payment of leave salary to the running staff after the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Payment of arrears arising out of leave salary consequent to the implementation of the report of 7th CPC for the period from 01/01/2016 and onwards – denial of payment on Zonal Railways
- NFIR letter to Railway Board Regarding LARSGESS
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2014-2015
- Railway News: Payment of Cash instead of Food to non-gazetted railway employees
- Salary and Travelling Allowance to retired Railway Staff re-engaged in Railways
- DA @ 2% shall be admissible to Running staff on the Basic pay plus Running allowances drawn w.e.f 1st July, 2016.