File No: X-20/42/ 2020-SPN-II
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan , Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110 001
July 09th, 2021
- All Head of Circles
- Chief General Manager, BD / Parcel /PLI Directorate / CEPT
- Director, RAKNPA / Director, All Postal Training Centres
Subject: Regularization of absence during COVID – 19 pandemic period.
Madam / Sir,
Instructions for regularisation of the absence of officers / officials of Department of Posts during lock-down / quarantine period, etc have been issued vide letter no. X-20/42/2021-SPN-II dated 24.05.2021.
2. Taking into consideration the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, vide O.M. No. 13020/ 112019-Estt.(L) dated 07.06.202, the matter has been reviewed and the Competent Authority has decided to revise the instructions issued vide aforesaid letter dated 24.05.2021, as under:-
|a.||Period of quarantine / isolation as prescribed by authority from time to time on coming into contact with a Covid positive person while in office or while carrying out an official duty or while on official tour / transfer / deputation||The period mentioned in (a), (b), and (c) shall be treated as a duty for all purposes.|
|b.||Period of absence due to restrictions on movement and travel imposed by the Central Government, State/ UT Govt/ District authorities, local authorities, residential society, etc. and due to residential area concerned notified as containment zone and due to suspension of public transport due to which the employee is not able to attend an office or return to his/her headquarters after availing sanctioned leave/ sanctioned LTC, permitted to eave HQ / official tour / transfer/ deputation|
|c.||All the period during which the employee worked from home as per the orders of controlling / competent authority.|
|d.||Period of quarantine /isolation as prescribed by authority on return to headquarters from leave, LTC, personal travel.||The period mentioned in (d), and (e) shall be regularised by the sanction of leave applied for to the extent due and admissible.|
|e.||Period of absence due to quarantine /isolation/ restrictions on movement /travel etc. while away from HQ unauthorized.|
|f.||Period of absence due to the official/ officer is COVID positive and is in home isolation/ quarantine but not hospitalized.||(i) Shall be granted commuted leave of 20 days, if due and admissible, on the production of his COVID positive report. (ii) If commuted leave is not available, Special Casual Leave (SCL) for 15 days shall be granted, followed by Earned Level (EL) or Half Pay Leave (HPL) of 5 days and, in case EL and HPL is not available, Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) shall be given without insisting on production of a medical certificate, and the period shall also be counted for qualifying service.|
|g.||Period of absence due to the official/ officer is COVID positive and is in home isolation /quarantine / hospitalized.||(i) Shall be granted commuted leave /SCL/ EL for a period upto 20 days starting from the time having tested COVID positive, if the period of home quarantine/ discharge from hospital falls within 20 days, as per Sl. No. f above. (ii) In case of hospitalization beyond the 20th day from testing COVID positive, commuted leave shall be granted, on the production of documentary proof of hospitalization. (iii) If, however, after discharge from the hospital, the officer /official is required to remain at home for post-COVID recovery, leave of any kind due and admissible may be granted, with the approval of the concerned Competent authority, as per the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972, It is only when commuted leave is not available that SCL of 15 days or EL or EOL shall be considered.|
|h.||When a dependent family member of an official / officer is COVID positive, or parents whether dependent or not but living with the official / officer is COVID positive||(i) Shall be granted 15 days SCL on the production of COVID-positive report of dependent family member/ parent. (ii) In case of active hospitalization of any of the family members /parents even after 15 days of the expiry of SCL, leave of any kind due and admissible beyond 15 days of SCL may be granted till their discharge from hospital. After discharge from the hospital of the dependent family member/parents, if the official/officer wish to avail further leave, leave due and admissible shall be considered as per the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972, subject to functional requirements and sanction of leave by the Competent Authority. The Competent Authority is advised to take a liberal view in such cases and its decision in the matter shall be final.|
3. These orders shall cover all the period of absence of an official / officer since the imposition of the first lockdown i.e. 24.03.2020 and shall be in force till further orders.
4. Past cases, wherever settled, shall be re-opened if the official / officer makes a request in writing for review, if such a review is beneficial to the official / officer. In case of deceased official / officer, leave sanctioning authority shall suo motu undertake the review if such a review is beneficial to the deceased official / officer.
5. Aforesaid letter no. X-20/42/2021-SPN-II dated 24.05.2021 stands revised to the extent stated herein above.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Related to Your Search:
- COVID-19 absence Quarantine leave latest dopt order
- Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 pandemic period 2021
- Treating the COVID-19 absence period as Special Casual Leave
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Regularization of the period of absence of Gramin Dak Sevaks of Department of Posts during lockdown / quarantine period
- KVS – Uniform interim procedure of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees regularize of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period
- Quarantine leave provision due to pandemic situation – Re-introduction – NFIR
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020