7th Pay Commission recommendations on LTC advance and Medical Advance
Abolishing 12 Interest free advances recommended by 7th CPC
The 7th Pay Commission has , in a casual manner, recommended that all interest free advances to be abolished. The impact of this recommendation is yet un noticed by the central government employees
There are 12 Interest free advances are listed in that table provided in the 7th CPC Report. When hearing the news that 7th cpc has recommended to abolish interest free advances , every body thought that some advances like festival advances only will be abolished. But if you read the names of advances recommended for abolishment, it will give you little bit shock.
In general opinion, the amount that is paid for government servants in some occasions and for specific purposes and the same will be recovered through monthly instalments are considered advances.
But the advance paid for Medical treatment and LTC are not supposed to be included this list, since it is reimbursable in nature and will not be recovered by Government.
The amount paid as advances to the Medical treatment and LTC are not recoverable by government if there is no any default in the claim. since the expenses incurred should be reimbursed to the Govt servants according to their entitlements, the amount paid in advance can be adjusted against the claim of reimbursement is sanctioned. So there is no need of repaying the advance to government in respect of Medical and LTC advances.These should not be included in the list of interest free advances.
Eventually abolishing these advances will make the central government employees not to avail LTC facility and medical treatment in Private hospital, since the amount of 90 % of the expenses paid in advance will not be available for them any more due to this recommendation. By availing this advances they were able to manage the Medical Expenses and by availing this advance only they were able to bye Air or Train Tickets to go on LTC.
Without these advances, the Group C and B employees cannot imagine availing of LTC to visit some places in India with their family.
The Central Government should not accept the proposal of Abolishing these advances.
Related to Your Search:
- Advances for Medical Treatment, TA on Tour or Transfer and LTC are retained: Finmin Orders
- Grant of Advances- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants
- Interest free Festival Advance to Class IV State Government employees during the year 2019-2020
- 7th Pay Commission Report – Some Major Problems are listed
- Advances to Central Govt Employees 9.8% Rate of Interest for Computer Purchases in 2021-2022
- Advances to Government servants — Rate of interest for purchase of conveyances during 2013-2014
- Grant of Advances – 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations – Discontinuance of Natural Calamity Advance
- FinMin Order – Grant of Festival Advance to Central Government Employees
- Rate of interest on Loans and Advances sanctioned by the State Government – Interest rates for the year 2012-2013 – Orders – Issued.