7th Pay Commission: Retired central govt employees to get minimum pension Rs 9,000
New Delhi: Retired central government employees will now get a minimum pension of Rs 9,000, up 157.14 per cent from the current Rs 3,500, following the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations.
The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has issued on Thursday the Resolution and Office Memorandums the F.No 38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(i) and the F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) respectively on account of acceptance of 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations for the pensioners.
The ceiling of gratuity has also been enhanced from the existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh. The Commission had also recommended the ceiling on gratuity to be raised by 25 per cent whenever Dearness Allowance rises by 50 per cent, a proposal which has been accepted by the government.
There are about 58 lakh central government pensioners.
The amount of pension shall be subject to a minimum of Rs 9,000 and the maximum pension would be Rs 1,25,000–which is 50 per cent of the highest pay in the government, an order issued by the Ministry said.
The highest pay in the government is Rs 2,50,000 with effect from January 1, 2016.
The maximum limit of retirement gratuity and death gratuity shall be Rs 20 lakh, the order said. The ceiling on gratuity will increase by 25 per cent whenever the dearness allowance rises by 50 per cent of the basic pay, it said.
There has been a substantial increase in payment of ex-gratia lump sum compensation for civil and defence forces personnel, payable to the next of kin.
A payment of Rs 25 lakh, from existing Rs 10 lakh, will be given in case of death occurring due to accidents in course of performance of duties and those attributed to acts of violence by terrorists, anti social elements etc.
Inputs with PTI
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission’s Recommendations on Gratuity
- Minimum Monthly Pension and wage ceiling hiked by EPFO
- 7th Pay Commission Dearness Relief Calculation – Monthly pension of a Central Government pensioners can increase from Rs 450 to Rs 6,250
- Will Central Government Employees get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019 ?
- Hike contribution to raise minimum pension: EPFO to Government
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- Implementation of Governments decision on the recommendation of the 7th CPC – Revision of provisions regulating pension/gratuity/commutation of pension/family pension/disability pension/ex-gratia lump-sum-compensation, etc-reg.
- Notification on Dearness allowance (DA) this week
- Central Government Employees get 6 per cent DA hike from January 1