7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3
7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3 by RSCWS for revised Pension as per 7th CPC recommendations as an alternate to Option 1 recommended by 7th Pay Commission
INTERPRETATION OF PROPOSED OPTION 3 FOR REVISED PENSION HOW FAR IS IT AN ALTERNATIVE TO OPTION 1 RECOMMENDED BY 7Tth CPC? By N. P. MOHAN, President, RSCWS
The most significant recommendation of 7th CPC is to bring parity between past pensioners with those retiring after 1-1-2016 (Para 10.1.67). A long standing demand of the pensioners, who have been the victim of Modified Parity in the last two decades from 1-1-1996 (5th CPC), has been addressed by the Commission The parity is sought to be achieved by the recommendation of Option 1 for revised pension which provides for consideration of increments earned in the last Level by a pensioner while in service. Recognizing the delay in checking record for ascertaining the increments for implementation of this option, revised pension in the interim phase was recommended to be fixed by multiplying the pension fixed after 6th CPC by MF of 2.57 (Option 2). This option has already been implemented.
While accepting the above recommendations, Govt. had constituted a 5 member Committee under the chairmanship of Secretary (Pension) to examine the feasibility of implementation of Option 1. The Committee in its meeting with JCM on 6th October has suggested an alternative option (Option 3) to overcome the difficulty of tracing record in some cases. It has been indicated in Para 5 of the minutes of the meeting “that the Committee has found that the alternative method of arriving at notional pay in Seventh CPC by applying formula for pay revision for serving employees in each Pay Commission and giving 50% of this as pension to be beneficial to all pensioners in comparison to the fitment method.”
Dispensation of revised pension under alternative Option 3 will depend on the decision of the Govt on the recommendations of this Committee. The impact of Option 3 as understood from the proposal of the Committee mentioned in above is reflected in the 3 tables indicating the revised pension.
EXAMPLE OF REVISED PENSION UNDER OPTIONS 1 & 2 of 7th CPC & OPTION 3 BASED ON NOTIONAL PAY IN SUCCESSIVE PAY COMMISSIONS
(As proposed in Para 5 of the minutes of the meeting of Feasibility Committee held with JCM on 6-10-2016)
FOR PENSIONERS RETIRING IN 5TH CPC REGIME (1.1.1996 TO 31-12-2005) FROM SCALE S 13 (7450-11500)-LEVEL 7 Average Pay on retirement Pension after 5th CPC (Higher of Mod. Parity or
with factor of 2.26) – whichever is higher Notional pay-6th CPC (As per Fitment table-6th CPC) Notional pay-7th CPC with MF OF 2.57-3rd option (col.2xMF) Pay in the next cell of 7th CPC Pay Matrix- 3rd Option
Pay based on option 1 with no. 0f increments (7th CPC pay matrix- (7th CPC pay matrix- Level 7)Revised Pension as per Option 3 (col.4/2) Revised Pension as per Option 1 (col.5/2)
Revised Interim Pension as per Option 2 of 7th CPC (Col.2×2.57)
|NOTES:- 1. This table is illustrative under option 3 which is as per understanding of the proposal indicated by the Feasibility Committee based on Notional pay fixation in successive Pay Commissions.
2. Actual fixation of revised pension will depend on Govt’s decision in the matter.
3. The figures of revised pension under Option 1 (Col. 8) are for each stage of increment.Compiled by: N. P. Mohan, President, RSCWS
Source : RSCWS
Related to Your Search:
- RSCWS explains the advantages of choosing Importance of Option 1 of 7th Pay Commission for Revised Pension
- Central Government Pensioners: Appeal for restoration of Option 1 recommended by 7th Central Pay Commission for Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission News – Parity of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners with Post-2016 Pensioners
- Issue of Fitment Tables for Revision of Pension as per Notional Pay in 7th CPC Pay Matrix
- Anomaly in Pension Fixation as per Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- Equal Basic Pension Under 7th CPC
- 7th CPC – BPS appeals to the Prime Minister for acceptance of option 1 for pension revision
- Option 1 recommended by 7th CPC for the revision of pension/family pension of Pre 2016 retirees DENIED
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : Implementation of First Option after Committee Report