7th CPC – Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – regulation and payment of Disability Pension/Family pension under Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Rules
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
Dated : 02.08.2017.
Subject: Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – regulation and payment of Disability Pension/Family pension under Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Rules in implementation of recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders have been issued for regulation of Pension/family pension for Government servants in implementation of recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission vide OM No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(i) dated 4.8.2016. There is no change in the formula for calculating disability pension and extraordinary family pension (EOP family pension) under CCS(EOP)Rules.
2.The extraordinary family pension/disability pension would continue to be calculated in accordance with schedule II of Central Civil Service (Extraordinary) Pension Rules. However, minimum Extraordinary family pension/disability pension with effect from 01.01.2016 falling under various categories would be as follows:-
I.Extraordinary Family Pension.
(i) For category B and C , where the deceased Government servant was not holding a pensionable post – Rs.11,700/- per month.
(ii) For category B and C , where the deceased Government servant was holding a pensionable post – Rs.18,000/- per month.
(iii) For category D and E – Rs.18,000/- per month.
II. Disability Pension
For all categories ( ie. category 113,C,D’ and E” ) Rs.18,000 per month.
3. All other terms and conditions and procedure stipulated in Schedule II of Rule 9 and 10 of CCS(EOP) Rules, notified vide Notification No. S.0 410(E) dated 15.11.2011 will be the same.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure ID No.30-1/33(iii)/2016-IC(Pt) dated 17/7/2017.
5. In so far as persons belonging to the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi translation of this OM follows.
1. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India as per standard distribution list.
2. Copy to President’s Secretariat/Vice President’s Secretariat/Prime Minister’s Office/Cabinet Secretariat/Supreme Court of India/ C&AG/UPSC, etc. as per standard endorsement list.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Pension News : Separate orders will be issued to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners and Family Pensioners effective from 1.1.2006 – Pensioners Portal Orders
- Payment of lump-sum compensation to railway employees covered under NPS on retention in Railway service
- Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – 7th Central Pay Commission
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of provisions regulating pension/gratuity/commutation of pension/family pension/disability pension/ex-gratia
- Clarificatory OM for payment of two family pensions on death attributable to Government Service of a re-employed pensioner
- Option to receive payments in the event of the Subscriber’s death, invalidation, or disability while in service – Rule 10 of the CCS NPS Rules 2021
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules