7th CPC Outstation Allowance to the staff working in RMS Sections of Railway lines
Latest Central Government Employees News
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
Subject: Continuation of Outstation Allowance to the staff working in RMS Sections of Railway lines – reg.
Sir / Madam,
The Outstation Allowance payable to the RMS staff was discontinued w.e.f. 01.07.2017 vide Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance OM No. 29/1/2017-E.II (B) dated 11.07.2017 and circulated vide Directorate letter No. 7-2/2016-PCC dated 14.07.2017.
Also check: DoP – Instructions regarding Rotational transfer
The proposal for continuation of Outstation Allowance to the staff working in RMS Sections of Railway lines was referred to Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance for consideration and approval. The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has considered and approved for continuation of Outstation Allowance (OSA) at the following revised rates for a period of absence from their headquarters, on duty, exceeding six hours (for every six hours or part thereof) as given below:-
|SL. No.||Categories of RMS Staff||Revised rates (Amount in Rs.)|
|i||MTS||61.87 or 62/-|
|ii||Mail Guard||61.87 or 62/-|
|iii||Head Mail Guard||66.82 or 67/-|
|iv||Sorting Assistant||66.82 or 67/-|
|v||LSG Sorting Assistant||70.875 or 71/-|
The revised Outstation Allowance (OSA) would be payable with effect from 01st July, 2017.
This issues with the approval of Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance vide their ID No. A-27023/ 5/2017/E.IIB (7th CPC) dated 04th Feb, 2020.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Recommendation of GDS Committee on rationalisation of working hours of Branch Post Offices
- Grant of Mess Allowance to the employees of Police, Jail and Home Guard Department.
- Fixation of employees in 1S scale of 4440-7440 in GP 1300 (6th CPC) and without GP
- Special Allowance to Teaching Staff in NVS
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Rest Rules for Running Staff – AIRF Reference to Railway Board
- Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theatre/Intensive Care Unit-revision of Allowances
- 7th CPC Dress Allowance of Postal Employees
- Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running staff – Decisions thereof on Breach of Rest Allowance