7th CPC Notification – CG employees are Expecting Eagerly
It is expected that Finance Ministry will issue necessary order and Notifications to implement the 7th Pay Commission recommendations as soon as possible.
7th Pay Commission is become interesting news for not only CG employees but the people across the country. Very important reason for this is Press Media. Every day at least one Daily writes an Article about 7th CPC news based on hearsay and it never missed to attract everyone.
To defuse the Indefinite strike called by NJCA , the Central Government assured NJCA that the Govt will constitute four committees to look into the important demands raised by NJCA. Based on the Press release issued by Finance Ministry, NJCA decided to defer the Indefinite Strike.
Though there are 26 Demands placed before the government, the issues of Minimum Pay, Fitment factor and HRA are mostly expected to be settled.
How much it will be increased from 18000 is the main point of discussion among CG employees and it is noteworthy that Govt also approved the uniform Fitment factor 2.57 to All grades as recommended by 7th Pay Commission.
In case the Proposed Committee recommends to increase the Minimum Pay to 19000 or more than this, subsequently Fitment factor also may be revised. As recommended by 7th Pay commission, the Committee also can use the following method to arrive the Fitment factor as per the increase in Minimum Pay
18000/7000 = 2.57
19000/7000 = 2.71
20000/7000 = 2.85
21000/7000 = 3.00
If the Minimum Pay is increased, the Fitment factor also has to be increased. Based on the New Fitment factor, the existing pay of CG employees will be revised.
For example If, Basic Pay of a Govt Servant is Rs.10000(including Grade Pay of Rs.1900), His revised pay as per 7 th CPC will be 10000 x 2.57 = 25700 ( to be fixed as 26000 as per Pay Matrix Table)
As per the above fitment factors, the Basic Pay will be revised like this..
10000 x 2.71 =27100
10000 x 2.85 = 28500
10000 x 3 = 30000
From the above example it is obvious that Pay matrix also to be modified as per fitment factor.
There is also expectation on HRA that the 7th CPC recommended rates i.e 8%, 16% and 24% would be restored to the existing rates of 10, 20 and 30 percent respectively.
In the meantime, everybody is thinking about what are all the Provisions are incorporated in the 7th CPC Notification. We will have to wait to see the impact of the Notification to be issued by Finance ministry amidst expectations and doubts.
Related to Your Search:
- No clarity in the Press Statements of both Government and NJCA on 7th CPC issues
- Demand of Central Government Employees to increase the Fitment Factor recommended by 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor: Confederation writes to NJCA
- NJCA meet today to decide future course of action on Indefinite Strike
- 7th Pay Commission: After higher allowances and pensions, NJCA to negotiate minimum salary of Central Government Employees
- Increase in 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – 27% increase expected as against 14.29% recommended
- 7th Pay Commission: Central government employees strike deferred
- We need not jump into the conclusion that multiplication factor will not be increased – Confederation