7th CPC News : SEVENTH PAY COMMISSION MUST BE SET UP FORTHWITH
The recent statement of the Minister concerned in the Parliament, that the Govt does not propose to set up the seventh Pay Commission at this stage is most unjustified and frustrating for the Govt employees.
Fifth Pay Commission had recommended for a Pay Revision after every five years instead of the past practice to set it up after 10 to 13 years. But the Govt did not accept this recommendation.
The Fifth Pay Commission also recommended for Merger of DA after it crossed 50%. Govt accepted the same and belatedly implemented it from April 2004.
But the Sixth Pay Commission did not favour even the Merger of DA after it crossed 50% and the Govt obvious followed suit and did not Merge the same when it crossed 50% in 1-1-2011 – in spite of the demand by all concerned.
As such, the existing Pay and Pension structure have lost all the relevance and is continuously eroding due to heavy inflation and defective system of compilation of Price Index – which itself is out dated due to the changed economic scenario and requirements of the Industrial Worker of the Country.
All this makes it essential that the Seventh Pay Commission be set up early to compensate for the erosion of real wages and to remove the serious Anomalies of Sixth CPC Report – which the Govt and the Anomalies Committee have failed to address as well as to bridge the vast gap of wages between the Government employees and those of the Corporate Sector etc. all which are having a very demoralising effect amongst the Govt employees and Pensioners.
Er. HARCHANDAN SINGH
General Secretary, IRTSA
Source : www.rscws.com
Related to Your Search:
- MACP scheme is a challenge for 7th pay commission
- 7CPC – Pay hike after implementation of Seventh Central Pay Commission
- No merger of D.A. but seventh pay commission likely this year
- Central employees awaiting next Govt nod on DA merger
- 7th CPC News : Central Minister in favour of seventh pay commission
- Merger of DA is just a Distant Mirage
- Central Government workers want DA to be merged : Pay Commission could be notified over the next two months
- 7th Pay Commission News: Non-secretariat staff upset over pay disparity with secretariat staff
- 2 Increment days proposal ignored by 7th Pay Commission