7th CPC Pension Revision for Pre-2016 Compulsory Retired(Rule 40) & Compassionate Allowance(Rule 41) Pensioner’s: CPAO’s instructions
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II.BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, etc.-reg.
DP&PW vide OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) dated-12.05.2017 on the above subject had issued detailed instructions to all concerned to revise the pensions of pre-2016 pensioners/ family pensioners. But while issuing instructions to PAOs vide CPAOs OM No. CPAO /IT& Tech/ Revision (7th CPC)/ 19 Vol-III/2016-17/37 dated-25.05.2017 inadvertently an important point “that these orders would not be applicable for the purpose of revision of pension of those pensioners who were drawing compulsory retirement pension under Rule 40 of the CCS (Pension) Rules or compassionate allowance under Rule 41 of the CCS (Pension) Rules. The pensioners in these categories would continue to be entitled to get revised pension in accordance with the instructions contained in DP&PW O.M. No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 04.08.2016” was missed.
Consequently, it has been noticed that some Ministries/Departments have revised the pensions of pensioners who were drawing compulsory retirement pension under Rule 40 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 or Compassionate allowance under 41 of the CCS (Pension) Rules also and sent to CPAO. These cases are to be returned to the concerned PAOs by CPAO.
In view of the above, to avoid any further problems arising out of it, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/ CAs/ AGs/ Administrators of UPS are requested to instruct their PAOs not to revise such cases.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
Related to Your Search:
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Roll out of e-Revision utility of CPAO for 7th CPC revision of pension in all Delhi based PAOs
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 as per Revised concordance table OM dated 28.01.2013: CPAO’s instruction to issue revision authority to all
- Pilot run of e-Revision Utility of CPAO for 7th Central Pay Commission Revision of Pension
- CPAO: Mandatory use of Digital Signature
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – reg-Dated the 13 February, 2013
- Revision of pensions of pre-2006 pensioners – Payment of Arrears from 01.01.2006 : CPAO Order dated 25.08.2015