2 Days Strike : Press statement by the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers…
SPECTACULAR SUCCESS OF TWO-DAYS STRIKE BY C.G.EMPLOYEES ALONGWITH WORKING CLASS OF INDIA
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
About 8 lakhs Central Government employees took part in the 48 hour (two day) general strike yesterday and today organised by the Indian working class as per the call of the Joint platform of 11 Central Trade Unions of the country. Besides 5 lakh Defence Civilian employees are also reported to have participated in this historic action.
The Strike was total and cent per cent in Income tax and Postal departments. The participation ranged from 60 to 90% in other Government of India organisations except in the Central Secretariat. As per the report, the strike was total in Assam, Tripura, West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Kerala, Chhattisgarh and 60 to 70% in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and partial in other States.
In Delhi, the Income tax and RMS offices of the Postal Department virtually remained closed. Not a single employee reported for duty in these offices. Many offices of the Civil Accounts and Post offices in Delhi also did not function on these two days.
Many establishments of Printing and Stationery, Indian Bureau of Mines, Geological Survey of India, Medical Depots, Customs, Ground Water Board, ISRO, Directorate of Marketing Inspection, Civil Accounts, Central Public Works Department remained closed throughout the country on both the days.
The National Secretariat of the Confederation places on record its sincere gratitude and appreciation of the efforts undertaken by the State/Branch level leaders to make this historic action of the Indian working class a resounding success by eliciting the total participation of the Central Government employees. The success of the two days strike action will no doubt embolden the employees and workers to chalk out intensified action programme including indefinite strike action to compel the Govt. to rescind the anti-people economic policies pursued since 1991.
Related to Your Search:
- SUCCESS OF TWO-DAYS STRIKE BY Central Government EMPLOYEES ALONGWITH WORKING CLASS OF INDIA.
- All India Strike 2013 Latest News:Income Tax Employees all over the country will be going 2 days strike
- Central Government Employees Strike – Confederation congratulates to all Central Government Employees for participating in two days strike
- Confederation of Central Government employees: PRESS STATEMENT Dated 2nd September 2016
- ‘Two Days Nationwide Strike a Thundering Success’ – NFPE & FNPO
- 16th March 2017 Strike Report – Karnataka COC
- 8.5 Lakh Central Government Employees participated in today’s strike – Confederation
- Historic Strike of Central Government Employees will begin within a few hours : Confederation
- 2nd SEP 2015 – Historic Strike was a grand success in almost all the sectors of working class