Exemption of Salaried Employees from Requirement of Filing of Returns for Assessment Year 2012-13
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) vide its Notification No. 9/2012 dated 17th February, 2012 has exempted salaried employees from the requirement of filing the returns for assessment year 2012-13. The exemption is applicable only if all the following conditions are fulfilled:-
• The total Income of the employee does not exceed Rs. 5 Lakh (Total Income means Gross Total Income Less deductions under Chapter VIA).
• The Employee has reported his PAN to the employer.
• Employee has reported his income from interest on savings bank account to employer.
• Employee has received Form 16 from his employer.
• Total Tax Liability of employee has been paid off by employer by way of TDS and employer has deposited TDS with central government.
• Employee has no refund claim.
• Employee has received salary only from one employer.
• Employee has not received any Notice from Income Tax Department for filing of Income Tax return.
Related to Your Search:
- Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return: FAQ
- Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. Five Lakh
- Proposal to discontinue exemption of Rs. 1.5 lakh available for Savings under Section 80C
- CBDT notifies Income Tax Return Forms for Assessment Year 2018-19
- CPCB Order – Submission of Income Details & proof of savings for income tax financial year 13-14
- Income Tax 2016-17 : All Salaried Employees to declare deductions and savings under Form 12BB
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- General Provident Fund (GPF) – Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Budget 2015 India: Wish List of Salaried Employees on Income Tax