Central Government Employees News: Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
20th June, 2012
Subject: Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India awards Scholarship for Higher Education(SHE) under Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) to the students who are within the top 1% at Class XII examination conducted by the Board during the academic session ending March/April 2012.
The candidates of Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi who have passed Class XII examination 2012 and are within top 1% (Cut-off score- 471 marks excluding 6th Additional subject) are eligible for the scholarship.
Letters to eligible Candidates along with “Advisory Note to the Candidate for Eligibility in Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) Component under INSPIRE Scheme” have been sent to the school form where they studied Class XII during the academic session ending March/April 2012. The candidates may collect the same from the school Principal.
Performance in top 1% in Class XII Board Examination and enrolment into education in Basic and Natural Science courses at B.Sc./Integrated M.Sc. or M.S. levels qualify automatically for scholarship for Higher Education of GOI valued at Rs. 80,000 per year for five years.
If enrolled into Bachelor or Integrated Master’s level programmes in Basic and Natural Science courses (like Mathematics or Statistics or Physics or Chemistry or Life Sciences (Botany and Zoology), in any University or College in India recognized by UGC, India the candidate is advised to register for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) through on-line registration at http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/requirement.html or through an application to the Department of Science and Technology http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/inspire-advertisement.pdf by downloading the application and attaching this Advisory Note and avail the eligibility for scholarship.
Details of the scholarship scheme are available at www.inspire-dst.gov.in
(B M GUPTA)
Related to Your Search:
- Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child in CBSE
- CBSE Examinations 2013 : Datesheet for Board Examination 2013 for Class X
- Scholarship for Wards of Employees of the Board
- Scholarship to Single Girl Child
- Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
- Grant of scholarship for the children of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens Employees
- Assistance for Higher Education
- Introduction of new Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for needy Scheduled Tribe Students, Studying in Classes IX & X
- KV School Contractual Teachers : Consolidated Pay and Qualification for all Posts