Who is a Central Government Employee? – Definition given by 7th Central Pay Commission
Defining a Central Government Employee : The III CPC had attempted to define who is a Central Government employee. It stated that “All persons in the civil services of the Central Government or holding civil posts under that government and paid out of the Consolidated Fund of India.”
The Commission is in broad agreement with what has been stated in the III CPC Report.
For the purposes of its work, the Commission defines Central Government employees as all persons in the civil services of the Central Government or holding civil posts under that government and paid Salaries out of the Consolidated Fund of India. This however, does not include such persons appointed to serve Parliament or the Union Judiciary.
The Commission has obtained data regarding 33.02 lakh Central Government civil personnel, in Civil Ministries/Departments, Defence (Civilians), Posts and Railways5. The analysis includes 0.77 lakh personnel of Delhi Police, who are paid salaries from the Police grant of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Views of Important Stakeholders on Central Government Personnel
The Commission has received representations/memoranda on issues that broadly involve the strength, deployment and expenditure on Central Government personnel.
Joint Consultative Machinery-Staff Side: On the size and nature of government, the JCM-Staff Side has made the following submissions to the Commission:
i. Majority of Central Government employees (88 percent) are either industrial or operational staff and therefore the contention that wage bill of the Central Government is for administrative purpose is ill conceived.
ii. Existence of a large array of personnel employed by the government through contract, pushing a major segment of government functions into informal sector.
iii. Expenditure on pay and allowances over the years as a percentage of revenue receipts and revenue expenditure has been falling.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission – 29% Central Government Employees to Retire in 10 years
- Central Government employees salaries and benefits as per the 7th Pay Commission
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Grant of family pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing consolidated instructions – reg.
- Grant of Family Pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing-consolidated instructions regarding
- 7CPC: 7th Pay Commission Collects Various Data of Central Government Employees
- 7th Pay Commission Collects Various Data of Central Government Employees
- Dopt Orders on Consolidated instructions on Probation/Confirmation in Central Services
- PCDA circular: Grant of Family Pension and gratuity
- Uniform Age concession of 10 years to the Persons with Disabilities for direct recruitment to civil posts/services under the Central Government – Dopt Orders