Latest Central Government Employees News
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES & WORKERS
Ravindran B. Nair
R. N. Parashar
Ref: Confdn/Covid-19/ Special Casual Leave
Dated – 19.08.2020
The Cabinet Secretary
Government of India
New Delhi- 110001
Sub: Treating the period of absence due to COVID-19 as “Special Casual Leave” – Reg.
A number of COVID-19 cases among the Central Government employees are being reported every day. The staff are subjected to man to man transmission of the Corona virus during the course of performing duty or otherwise. COVID-19 Positive Central Government Employees are sent to either Home or Hospital Isolation and those come in contact are quarantined for 14 days. It is reported that, in these cases; the employees are being asked to apply for their own leave, which is not justified.
It may not be out of the context to mention here that, there has been a provision of Quarantine Leave in case of highly infectious diseases, This is a new disease and highly infectious with rapid transmission from man to man.
It is therefore requested to kindly cause necessary instructions to all Central Government
Departments to Grant Special Casual Leave or Quarantine leave as the case may be.
Hoping for a positive action,
(R. N. Parashar)
Related to Your Search:
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Quarantine leave provision due to pandemic situation – Re-introduction – NFIR
- Eastern Railway and other Railway Administrations not to call 100% employees to attend the workplace – Covid-19
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT
- Absence period on account of lockdown due to orders of GOI – Special Casual Leave in respect of Army Navy Air Force Personnel
- KVS – COVID-19 Preventive measures at Workplace – Quarantine instructions
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- Grant of special casual Leave to differently abled Railway employees