Travelling Allowance Rules – Production of receipts vouchers for reimbursement of Travelling charges for travel within the city admissible under Daily Allowance on tour
Travelling Allowance Rules
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 22nd December, 2020
Subject: Travelling Allowance Rules – production of receipts/vouchers for reimbursement of Travelling charges for travel within the city admissible under Daily Allowance on tour- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Para 2 (E) (i) & (ill) of this Department’s OM No. 19030/1/2017-E.IV dated 13.07.2017 regarding Travelling Allowance Rules – Implementation of 7th CPC vide which reimbursement for Travelling Charges for travel within the city admissible under Daily Allowance on Tour, has been prescribed. As per Para 2E(iii) of this O.M. Level 8 & Below have been allowed reimbursement of Travelling Charges without production of vouchers against self – certification and Level 9 & above have to produce vouchers.
- Several references have been received in this Department regarding difficulties being faced by the officials in Pay Level 9 to 11 for production of receipts/ vouchers while claiming reimbursement of Travelling Charges for travel within the city admissible under Daily Allowance on Tour as per Para 2E(i) of Annexure to this Department’s OM dated 13.07.2017.
- The matter has been considered in this Department and it has been decided that for reimbursement of Travelling Charges admissible under Daily Allowance on tour as mentioned in Para 2E(i) of OM dated 13.07.2017, condition of production of receipts/ vouchers for officials in Pay Level 9 to 11, is done away with subject to furnishing of self-certification in which officials have to indicate the period of travel, vehicle Number etc.
- In their application to the persons belonging to the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, this order is issued under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- This is issued with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
Hindi version is attached.
All Ministries and Departments of the Govt. of India etc. as per standard distribution list.
Copy to : C&AG and U.P.S.C. etc. as per standard endorsement list
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC: Travelling Allowance Rules – Implementation of the Recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission
- Clarification regarding Travelling allowance (TA) rules after the implementation of 7th CPC
- Transport Allowance and Travelling Allowance Rules at a glance
- 7th CPC: Revision of Entitlement of TA/DA to JCM Members
- TA/DA entitlements of Non-officials of Committees/Boards/Panels etc
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- Travelling Allowance Rules – Implementation of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Travelling Allowance in respect of Attendant/Escort for accompanying a Government Servant with Disabilities on travel during tour/training
- Travelling Allowance to Railway staff – Implementation of Ministry of Finance notification on the report of Seventh Central Pay Commission