Travel Insurance For Rail Passengers Soon
In order to minimise financial loss to passengers from untoward incidents, Railways will launch a travel insurance scheme.
“Currently there are railways claims tribunals which provide compensation in case of mishaps. One can claim compensation in case of accidents. Now we are offering additional service of insurance,” Railway Board Chairman A K Mittal said.
However, he said the insurance scheme is optional and passengers will be given the option at the time of booking tickets.
Related to Your Search:
- Insurance of Rail Passengers
- Insurance Scheme For Railway Passengers
- Indian Railways revises Passenger Reservation Form to extend the VIKALP option to passengers booking tickets through reservation windows
- Indian Railways takes various initiatives to facilitate travel in this summer
- Allotment of berths under physically handicapped quota – Railway Board Order
- Levy of Service Tax on Railway Passengers Travelling in Ac Classes/First Class from 1st October 2012
- Railways Act: Railways hikes relief from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 8 lakh in case of death
- Consultation fee for medical aid to passengers
- Extension of retirement age of Doctors- Travel Entitlements