Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block New Delhi
Dated 16th February, 2020
Subject: Clarification regarding queries being received in respect of Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the block 2018-21.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 12th October 2020 and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide OM of even number dated 20th October 2020, 10th November 2020 and 25th November 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Ministries/ Departments have raised queries/clarifications with regard to :
(i) Whether any prior intimation is required just like availing of the actual LTC Scheme?
(ii) The LTC for the year 2018-19 Block was extended upto 31st December 2020. Whether claims can be made under this block till March 2021?
3. In this regard it is clarified that the Special Cash Package is in lieu of pending LTC for the Block between 2018-21 and bills for availing this scheme are to be submitted before 31.03.2021. No prior intimation as is being given in the case of LTC Scheme is required and for the year 2018-19 (extended till 31.12.2020), the claims can be made before 31.03.2021.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- FAQ – During the block 2018-21, there have been a number of questions about the Special Cash Package equivalent to the Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees
- LTC cash voucher scheme for Railway employees – Number of employees opted for Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of All India Leave Travel Concession Fare
- Special Cash Package Scheme in lieu of LTC fare for Central Government Employees and settled within 30 days of disbursal of advance
- Clarification on the complete and final settlement of LTC Special Cash Package Scheme bills and claims
- Special cash package equivalent in lieu of LTC fare for central government employees during the Block 2018-2021
- FAQ No.2 on LTC Cash Voucher Scheme – LTC Fare for Central Government Employees during the Block 2018-21
- LTC Special Cash Package Scheme submission of bills claims settled by Ministries/Departments not later than 31st May 2021
- FAQ on LTC Cash Voucher Scheme – LTC Fare for Central Government Employees during the Block 2018-21
- Furnishing information regarding number of employees opting for LTC Cash Voucher Scheme and Festival Advance Scheme