2 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-3
Dated 10th January, 2019.
Subject: Seeking option from promoted Under Secretaries (adhoc) under Rotational Transfer Policy
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departments’ Order No.5/7/2016-CS.l(U) (Vol.11) dated 21.12.2018 and Order of even number dated 28.12.2018 and 31.12.2018 whereby Section Officers of CSS were granted adhoc promotion in Grade-I (Under Secretary) of CSS on “as is where is basis” and it was stipulated to carry out Rotational Transfer of officers who have completed their tenure. Accordingly, in terms of Rotational Transfer Policy of CSS officers notified vide O.M.No.21/2!2009-CS.l(P) dated 16.07.2015, the adhoc Under Secretaries have been divided into following categories:
(i) The names of officers shown in Annexure-1 are eligible to be posted out from their present Ministries/ Departments on completion of their tenure. This includes officer returned from deputation.
(ii) The names of officers shown in Annexure-Il who have not completed their tenure are also required to be posted out as no vacancy in Under Secretary Grade are available in Ministries! Departments where they are presently posted.
(iii) The names of officers shown in Annexure-IlI who comes within two years of their retirement are also required to be posted out as no vacancy in Under Secretary Grade are available in Ministries! Departments where they are presently posted.
(iv) The names of officers shown in Annexure-IV are retained in their present Ministries! Departments as they have not completed their tenure. This includes officers who are within two years!06 months of their retirement. This includes officers returned from deputation.
(v) The details of vacancies available in Ministries! Departments of both the Groups is given at Annexure-V. The officers whose names are indicated i.n Annexure I, II and Ill are requested to indicate their preferences for posting in the enclosed format at Annexure-VI which should reach CS.I Division latest by 15.01.2019 by 2.00 PM throuqh e-mail only. In case preference for posting is not received within the stipulated date and time, it will be presumed that officer has no preference for posting. Preference of posting will be decided in order of seniority. An officer posted in Group ‘A’ Ministry/Department may opt for posting to another Ministry! Department in Group ‘A’ as well as Group ‘B’, whereas an officer posted in Group ‘B’ Ministry/Department may opt for posting in Group ‘A’ only.
2. The posting will be decided in terms of the rotational transfer policy as under:
(I) Ministries/Departments have been categorized into Group A and Group B for posting/transfer.
(ii) RTP provides tenure of six years for Under Secretary in a Ministry/Department, including tenure rendered in any other designation in the same Ministry! Department. In Group A, certain Ministries qualify for a reduced tenure by one year.
(iii) An officer shall be transferred from Group A to Group A I Group B and Group B to
Group A as the case may be.
(iv) An officer who is to be transferred out from the current Ministry/Department on completion of prescribed tenure or for want of vacancy as the case may be may also opt for posting in a Ministry/Department in the other Group where he/she had earlier served subject to the condition that there is a gap of period which is equal to tenure prescribed for the grade of Under Secretary in that Ministry.
(v) Option for posting : The officers may furnish three choices in the appropriate Group.
(vi) Options will be submitted only through e-mail at dasqupta.sk13nic.in (vii) The Placement Committee will recommend posting of officers on the basis of seniority, preference and past posting etc.
3. The cutoff date for the purpose of counting of residency period is 31.12.2018. Efforts have been made to count the residency period of the officers as per records available, personal information furnished by the officers and data available in cscms.nic.into the extent possible. In case there is any discrepancy, the same may be brought to the notice of this Department by the concerned Ministry/ Department. While counting residency period, the period served on deputation, long leave and training has been deducted.
4. For the officers who have not completed their tenure and retained in their respective Ministries/Departments, no formal posting order is required as they have already been shown against their present Ministries/ Departments vide this Department’s promotion order issued on 21.12.2018, 28.12.2018 and 31.12.2018.
5. In the present list, there are some Section Officers who got promotion on as is where is basis” in outstation offices. On their rotational transfer from outstation offices, the vacancy arise in Section Officer grade will be filled by the cadre units as per Rotational Transfer Policy.
Related to Your Search:
- Rotational Transfer of CSS officers of DS Grade and above – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
- Revision of Rotational Transfer Policy to CSS Officers – Dopt Orders 2015
- Rotational Transfer Policy applicable to CSS officers – Modification thereof
- Promotion of Grade-I (Under Secretary) officers of CSS to the Selection Grade(Deputy Secretary)on ad-hoc basis and posting of DS/Director of CSS on their return from leave etc. – Furnishing of personal information thereof
- Promotion of Grade-I (Under Secretary) officers of CSS to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) on ad-hoc basis – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
- Rotational transfer of CSS officers of Deputy Secretary grade and above during the year 2016 – regarding
- Rotational Transfers of Assistants of CSS
- Draft Transfer Policy for Railway’s Officers issued by Railway Board for comments/suggestions
- Rotational Transfer of officers Assistants’ Grade of CSS