Revised Rotational Transfer Policy applicable to CSS officers
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel , Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 24th January, 2020
Sub: Rotational Transfer Policy applicable to CSS officers – Modification thereof – Regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 15th July 2015 and subsequent O.Ms dated h October 2016, 1st May 2017 and 30th November 2018 vide which revised Rotational Transfer Policy, applicable to CSS officers, was circulated.
2. The competent authority has now approved the following modifications/ additions in the Rotational Transfer Policy of CSS Officers:
(i) Para-12 (Officers returning from deputation/ long l eave/ long term training etc.) of the existing RTP guidelines is modified and replaced as under:
Posting of Officers of CSS on return from Deputation/ Long Leave/ Long Term Training
An ASO/ SO/ US/ DS/ Director returning from Deputation/ Long leave/ Long Term Training will be posted to any Ministry/ Department based on the Administrative exigencies, with the approval of the Competent Authority. In such cases this posting will be treated as a fresh tenure. In case it is decided that an officer is to be posted back to the same Ministry/ Department he last served, then his tenure will be limited to the balance period of the tenure prescribed for the grade subject to the availability of the vacancy and subject to the condition that at least one year of balance tenure is left.
(ii) A new sub-clause is added to para 14 (Preference for Posting) of the existing RTP guidelines to the effect that:
(f) The transferring out of Officers working in Establishment Office, DoPT will be done only with the concurrence of Establishment Officer (EO). The DoPT Administration will consult the EO and maintain a list of such Officers, ready to be sent to CS Division as and when RTP exercise is taken up.
(g) Any Officer who is not clear from vigilance angle and who may/may not be due for transfer under RTP may be transferred out in case a report is received from the concerned Ministry/ Department. Such an Officer will be posted to a non-sensitive post in any Ministry/ Department without seeking his option for posting irrespective of the tenure of his posting in that Ministry/ Department. No preference will be sought from such officer.
The above modification/ amendment in RTP guidelines will be applicable with immediate effect.
(George D. Toppo)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel: 2464 2705
All concerned Ministries/ Departments through the website of this Department.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Rotational Transfer Policy to CSS Officers – Dopt Orders 2015
- Rotational Transfer Policy (RTP) applicable to CSSS officers – DoPT 2020
- Rotational Transfer Policy applicable to CSS officers – Modification thereof
- Seeking option from promoted Under Secretaries (adhoc) under Rotational Transfer Policy
- Draft Rotational Transfer Policy of CSS – Seeking comments from stakeholders
- Draft Transfer Policy for Railway’s Officers issued by Railway Board for comments/suggestions
- Rotational Transfer of CSS officers of DS Grade and above – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
- Dopt orders 2015: Framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres – regarding
- Rotational Transfer of officers Assistants’ Grade of CSS