OFFICE OF CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR MARG, PALAM, DELHI CANTT. -110010
No.AN/II/2604/F R-56(j)/Q.E 03/2020
All PCsDA/PCA (Fy)/CsDA/AN-4 Section (local)
(Through CGDA website)
Subject: Retention in Govt. Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service- Sr.AOQs/ AOs/AD(OL)/ Sr.PS under FR-56(j)
In terms of Para 4, Appendix of DOP&T O.M. No. 25013/1/2013-Estt. (A) dated 21.03.2014 (copy enclosed), in order to ensure that the powers vested in the appropriate authority are exercised fairly and impartially and not arbitrarily, following procedure and guidelines have been prescribed for reviewing the cases of government employees covered under the aforesaid rules:
(1) The cases of Govt. Servants covered by FR 56(j) or FR 56 (I) or Rule 48 (1)(b) of CCS (Pension) Rules should be reviewed six months before they attained the age of 50/55 years or complete 30 years’ service/30 years of qualifying service, whichever occurs earlier.
(ii) Committee shall be constituted in each Ministry/ Department/ Office to which all such cases shall be referred for recommendation as to whether the officer concerned should be retained in service or retired from service in the public interest.
Also check: Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors – OM No. 18/2/2007- CS-I dated 20.05.2014 – Writ Petitions filed in the matter
2. In this connection, please refer to HQrs Office letter No. AN/II/02604/99 dated 13.09.1999 vide which all controllers were requested to review all cases covered under FR 56(j) at least 6 months in advance.
3. However, it has been observed that some of the controllers are not adhering the time line as stipulated in the aforesaid orders. It is found that review under FR 56(j) in respect of some SAOs/AQOs who attaining the age of 50 years between January, 2020 to June, 2020 has not been carried out by the controller’s office.
4. It is therefore, requested to adhere strictly the time line mentioned in the aforesaid DOP&T orders and review all such cases at the earliest. Reviewed cases may be forwarded to HQrs office. If already forwarded, the same may be ignored.
Sr. Dy.CGDA (AN)
Related to Your Search:
- Review of three years time limit for making compassionate appointment.
- Periodic Review of Central Government Employees for strengthening of administration under Fundamental Rule (FR 56U)/(i) and Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972
- Suspension of Government Servant – Review of Suspension
- Compulsory Retirement Pension
- Coverage under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 in place of NPS for employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Government service on or after 01.01.2004
- Grant of CSD Canteen Facilities to retired Defence Civilians: CGDA’s instructions
- CGDA – Raksha Mantri Awards for Excellence for the year 2019 – Motivation Scheme for the Defence Accounts Department
- Representation from Government servant on service matters
- Sanction of Leave/ Ex-India leave / NOC for proceeding abroad IDAS Officers – CGDA Orders