Railway Pensioners Physical Verification at Banks – Checklist for staff members who have been nominated for verification
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
RBA NO 59/2021
All Zonal Railways/ PUs
Sub:- Physical verification of Railway Pensioners at Banks.
Ref:- Board’s letter of even no. dated 11.10.2021 (RBA No. 54/ 2021)
Rising pension expenditure has made it incumbent on Zonal Railways to ensure that no excess pension payments are being made. Further, spot checks and internal checks are being conducted by Zonal Railways/ PUs every month and reported to Board through their MCDO.
With a view to closely monitor these payments and to ensure submission of Life Certificate by the pensioners (both in physical and digital form), it is desired that the process of physical verification of Railway Pensioners is carried out this year also too.
Hence, all Zonal Railways/ PUs are advised to carry out the exercise of physical verification of Railway Pensioners this year, by forming teams comprising staff of Accounts and Personnel Departments for two months commencing November, 2021 and December, 2021, duly following the norms of social distancing. The outcome reports may be submitted to Board in the prescribed format by 15.01.2022 by mail at [email protected]
|S.No.||Name of the pension disbursing Bank||Total No. of Railway Pension accounts at the bank||Number of Pension accounts verified at the bank||Nature of discrepancy detected,||Remedial action/ corrective action taken / proposed to be taken|
At the conclusion of this exercise, the nominated Railway official will jointly sign certificate with the bank bringing out the number of pensioners/ family pensioners drawing pension / family pension from the branch and amount of pension paid for the previous month and current month.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Joint Director Finance / CCA
SUGGESTED CHECKLIST FOR GUIDANCE OF STAFF NOMINATED FOR VERIFICATION OF PENSION AT THE BANKS
1. The employees deputed to the particular branch should carry the latest debit scroll with the names of the pensioners to verify its correctness with bank records.
2. 100% matching of demographic details of the pensioners including bank account number with that of the bank.
3. Physical verification of the pensioner will be checked w.r. t:-
- i) Life certificate (physical / digital) .
- ii) PPO details – confirm the personal details and details of his/ her dependants.
- iii) Proof / Authenticity of the certificate of dependency in case of dependants drawing family pension.
- iv) Bank account number
4. Whether payment of revised pension has been commenced . If no, requisite details may be collected from the pensioners visiting the banks.
5. Admissibility of DR to the pensioner who are permanently absorbed in PSUs.
6. Additional quantum of pension w.r. t date of birth of the pensioner / family pensioner.
7. Any other item which the FA&CAO may consider fit.
8. After the conclusion of this exercise, the nominated railway official will jointly sign certificate with the bank that ___ number of pensioners/ family pensioners are drawing pension from the branch and the debit for the month of November, 2021 and December 2021 is ____
Related to Your Search:
- Spot Check of Pension Payments by Pension Disbursing Banks
- Physical Verification of Retired Employees in Indian Railways
- First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/ family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs
- Commencement of Pension in favour of retired Railway employees: Railway Bord
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Non-disbursal of pension for the month of March 2022 on account of life certificate
- Excess Pension Payments to Railway Pensioners – CHECKLIST FOR VERIFICATION OF PENSION PAYMENTS
- Submission of Annual Life Certificate for NRI Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners use of e-scroll for retrieving information from Banks – reg.