Ordnance Factory Board
Majority of the requirement of items like Ammunition, Armoured Vehicles, Troop Comfort items etc for Indian Army are met through the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB). The contribution of OFB in meeting the requirement of the Army has increased over the years. In value terms, the supplies by OFB to Army has increased by over 25% in the year 2015-16 compared to 2014-15.
Further, for communicating long term requirement of Army, the system of Five Year Roll On Indent for Ammunition items has been introduced since 2010. In order to ensure time bound delivery to Army, a system of Letter of Intent (LoI) has been introduced to indicate the tentative quantities to OFB in the beginning of the year to enable OFB to initiate procurement.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Arvind Sawant in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Review of Ordnance Factories
- Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has designated 285 beds for isolation wards in handling Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases
- Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
- Grant of meeting to discuss about the Ordnance Factories
- Modernisation of Ordnance Factories
- No Corporatization of Ordnance Factories: Defence Minister Assured BPMS
- Drastic reduction in Budgetary support to Ordnance Factories
- Feasible Proposed Designation for Chargeman and JWM in Ordnance Establishments
- Corporatisation of OFB Ordnance Factory Board – MoD