Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated: April 23, 2019
The Institutes (As per list)
Sub: One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme, officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and officers of Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS) (DS/Sr. PPS and above level): Inviting proposals from Institutions for In-Service Training during 2019-20.
The Training Division of the Department of Personnel and Training is the nodal agency for training of government functionaries and is primarily responsible for formulating policies with regard to training -. With the objective of addressing competency gaps of government employees, the Division also directly implements certain training components. Under One Week In-Service Training (1ST) Scheme, officers of All India Services (lAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under Central Staffing Scheme and officers of CSS/CSSS (DS/Sr. PPS and above level) are offered one week training programmes at various reputed institutes in India.
This letter is to invite proposals from the interested institutes for conducting one week in service training programme for 2019-20 in diverse and broad thematic areas, such as, Administrative Law, Agricultural & Rural Development, Climate Change (preparedness), Competition Law (policy formulation), Corruption (eradication strategy), Education (reforms & challenges), E-governance (opportunities & challenges), Environment & Natural Resource (management), Environmental Impact Assessment (development projects), Ethics (Public Governance and Administration), Financial Markets (regulation), Fiscal Policy (Macroeconomic Management), Governance (IT management and improving through accountability), Infrastructure (Finance), Innovations (public service), Land Acquisition (rehabilitation & resettlement), Leadership, Participatory Management (Community Mobilization), PPP (negotiating strategies and urban development), Procurement (procedure & contracting), Project Analysis/Appraisal (risk analysis/management), Public Policy (management/governance), Quantitative Methods (management), Service Delivery (management), Social Policy (Governance), Social Sector (financing/marketing), Urban Development, WTO (basic/advance course), Citizen Centric, Cyber Crime, Stress Management, etc.
The proposal should include:
(a) A brief about the institute, infrastructure, faculty, core competence, and previous experience in conducting such programmes;
(b) Thematic focus of the course and the course title;
(c) Two suitable dates for each course between July 2019 to February 2020 as in April & May 2019 and March 2020 courses are not scheduled in view of Budget Session of the Parliament;
(d) Names and CV of the faculty members who would be imparting the training;
(e) How will the training be relevant to government servants and help them discharge their duties more effectively;
(f) Specific skills proposed to be instilled in the participants with regard to governance and administrative/technical skills;
(g) Name and CV of proposed Course Coordinator along with contact details;
(h) Draft programme design, content and pedagogy, draft time table-starting on Monday and closing on Friday;
(i) A paragraph on how the proposed course will be different from those offered by competing institutions;
(j) One page flyers with regard to programs the institute proposes to conduct for the academic year 2019-20 for the information of potential participants;
(k) Allocation of one day of the 1ST programs for field visit to important organizations or public sector bodies so as to give greater exposure to the
government officers to policy implementation and ground level working;
(l) Feedback received from participants
Formal proposal may be sent to this Department before May 6, 2019.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (lAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme, officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and officers of Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS)
- One-week In-service Training Programme for AIS Officers (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme and officers of CSS/CSSS (DS/Sr. PPS and above) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Inviting proposals from Institutions for One Week In-service Training (IST) programme during 2018-19
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Training progamme for officers of IAS, IPS, IFoS, Central Staffing Scheme and Central Secretariat Stenographer Service
- DoPT: Circular to all Secretaries of GOI regarding In-service Training for the Year 2018-19
- DoPT to hold Stress Management Programme for officers
- Long Term Training programmes at LSE and LKY under DFFT during 2018-19
- 11th Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGD-PPM) at the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
- Proposal for implementation of various training programmes under the Training For All Scheme – Latest DoPT Orders 2020