NPS covered pensioners allowed to use CGHS facilities without any bar of minimum qualification service
CGHS facilities to NPS covered Pensioners
National Council (Staff Side)
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare,
Dated: September 26, 2019
Sub: CGHS facilities to NPS covered Pensioners – Req.
Ref.: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India’s G.O.No.S.11011/ 10/2012- CGHS(P)/ EHS dated 28.03.2017
Your kind attention is invited towards the above referred to O.M. dated 28th March, 2017, wherein a condition of Minimum Qualifying Service of 10 years has been laid down for availing CGHS facilities for NPS covered pensioners.
Also check: Good news for NPS employees
In this connection, it would not be out of context to mention that, a substantial number of Gramin Dak Sewaks became regular employees of the Postal Department, crossing age of 50 years. All these CDSs, on having been regularised as Postal Employees after 50 years of age, are thus deprived of CGHS facilities on account of above-mentioned condition of minimum 10 years Qualifying Service, as such, the said condition is uncalled for an irrational.
It is, therefore, requested that, the matter may please be looked into in the foregoing, and the same be dispensed with, so that, any regular Government Employee on superannuation, may be NPS covered pensioners, should be allowed to avail CGHS facilities without any bar of Minimum Qualifying Service in the larger interest of justice.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of CGHS Dispensaries/Hospitals
- Extension CGHS facilities to P&T pensioners
- Merger of 19 Postal Dispensaries presently functioning in 12 CGHS covered cities with CGHS
- KVS: Extension of CGHS facilities to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan retired employees
- Extending CGHS facilities to Postal Pensioners
- CGHS – Annual Health Check-up at Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in respect of CGHS Pensioner beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- CGHS – Reiteration of the guidelines issued regarding Credit facilities to serving employees
- CGHS medical facilities reimbursement to Central Government pensioners
- CGHS facilities are not provided to persons working on contractual and co-terminus basis