Provisional family pension on death of NPS covered Govt Employees prior to allotment of PRAN Card: Clarification of PFRDA & DoP&PW by Railway Board
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, dated: 26.02.2019.
The General Managers/Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units.
Sub: Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by NPS – reg.
Attention is invited to Board’s letter No. 2008/AC-II/21/19 dated 29.05.2009 on the above subject vide which instructions were issued providing for additional relief on death/disability of Government servants covered by New Defined Contribution Pension System (NPS).
In the wake of the above instructions, some of the Zonal Railways have raised the issue of admissibility of provisional family pension to the family members of the deceased railway servant who were governed by National Pension System (NPS) but died prior to allotment of PRAN Card and starting of the deductions towards NPS.
The above issue has been examined in consultation with Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) and the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW). It is clarified that all the railway servants appointed on or after 01.01.2004 are to be covered by the National Pension System (NPS). Therefore, the provisional benefits granted vide Board’s letter dated 29.05.2009 to all NPS employees in case of death in service/disability will be admissible to the family of the deceased subscribers/subscribers on fulfillment of the conditions specified therein irrespective of the fact that PRAN Card was not allotted at the time of death/disability or the deduction towards NPS had not started. However, while giving the provisional benefits instructions issued vide Board’s letter No. 2012/ F(E)III/1(1)/4 dated 08.09.2014 may also be kept in view.
Deputy Director, Finance (Estt.) I,
Source: Indian railways
Related to Your Search:
- Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by New Pension System
- Additional relief on death/disability of Government Servants covered by the Defined contribution pension scheme (NPS)
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Additional Benefits on death/disability of Government servant covered by NPS
- NPS – Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the employees of Autonomous Body/ Organisation covered under National Pension System
- Revision of Additional Relief on death/disability of Government servants covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS) in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- PFRDA Orders : Additional Benefit on death/disability of government servant covered by National Pension System (NPS)
- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme – Railway Board Orders
- Additional Relief on death/disability of Government servants covered by the New Defined Contribution pension system (NPS)