Monetary Compensation to Martyred Army Soldiers’ Families
COMPENSATION TO FAMILIES OF MARTYRED ARMY JAWANS
While answering multiple questions asked by the Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha, the Minister of State for Defence Shri.Rao Inderjit Singh said in a written form that the here has been no ambush on Army personnel in J&K in the year 2015 till October, 2015. However, 80 terrorists have been killed and 06 apprehended from 01st January to 31st October, 2015 in J&K. The apprehended terrorists are handed over to State police.
Compensation/benefits being paid to the Next of Kin of Army soldiers (Fatal Battle Casualties) is annexed.
MONETARY COMPENSATION TO ARMY SOLDIERS’ FAMILIES
I. Ex Gratia Lump Sum Compensation from Central Government to Next of Kin (NoK) of Battle Casualty:
(i) Death occurring due to accidents in the course of duties – Rs.10.00 lakh.
(ii) Death in the course of duties attributable to acts of violence by terrorists, etc.- Rs.10.00 lakh.
(iii) Death occurring during enemy action in war or border skirmishes or in action against militants, terrorists, etc.- Rs.15.00 lakh.
(iv) Death occurring during enemy action in International war or war like engagements specifically notified – Rs.20.00 lakh.
(v) Death occurring while on duty in the specified high altitude, inaccessible border posts, etc. on account of natural disasters, extreme weather conditions – Rs.15.00 lakh.
II. Other Monetary Benefits
(i) Liberalised Family Pension: as applicable to Battle Casualty that is equal to emoluments last drawn by the deceased individual.
(ii) Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity: that is based on length of service rendered and emoluments last drawn by the deceased individual.
(iii) Army Group Insurance Fund:-
a. Officers : Rs. 50.00 lakh
b. JCO/ORs : Rs. 25.00 lakh
(iv) Army Group Insurance Maturity that is based on the contribution made by the deceased Army personnel.
(v) Army Wives Welfare Association Fund:-
a. Officers : Rs.10,000/-
b. JCOs/ORs : Rs.15,000/- (w.e.f. 01 Apr, 2015)
(vi) Army Officers Benevolent Fund : Rs.50,000/-
(vii) Army Central Welfare Fund: Rs.30,000/-
III. Other Benefits:
(i) Education Concession
(ii) Air Travel Concession
(iii) Telephone Concession
Related to Your Search:
- Ex-gratia amount for CAPF personnel
- Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties
- Ex-gratia lump sum compensation – Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Gramin Bank Employees Contribute 29.85 Lakh to Army Battle Casualties Welfare Fund
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Extra-Ordinary Pension by Pensioner Portal
- Government approves ex-gratia compensation in case of death due to COVID-19 for more than one lakh FCI employees
- PIB: Cabinet approves grant of medical facilities under Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS)
- Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
- Free Personal Accident Death Cover and Permanent Disability Cover of Rs 30 lakhs