Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay w.e.f. 01/04/2004 – Reckoning as pay for running staff
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 22.11.2016.
The General Secretary,
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen,
3, Chelmsford Road,
New Delhi – 110 055.
Sub.:- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay w.e.f. 01/04/2004 -Reckoning as pay for running staff.
Ref.: (i) DC/JCM Item No. 15/2009.GS/NFIR’s letter No. IV/RSAC/Conl/Vol.VI dated 28/03/2016
Please refer to your letter dated 28.03.2016 under reference no. (ii) on the subject noted above. Iii this connection, it is mentioned that Board’s letter dated 21.10.2014 addressed to both the Federations highlighted that the basis for the exclusions was the Ministry of Finance’s OM dated 01.03.2004 on the merger of 50% DA with Basic Pay that was adopted by the Ministry of Railways. Vide letter dt. 28.03.2016, however, NFIR. has not agreed with the reply and has reiterated that the exclusions violate the IREM provision of. Running Allowance and that the OM dt. 01.03.2004 of MoF is not relevant in this connection.
For a better understanding of the logic on which the three exclusions have been made the table given below may kindly be seen:-
|Clause No.||Benefit of 30% pay element (mentioned in the clause)applicable to Running Staff||Relevant wording in MoF O.M. dated 01.03.2004 pertaining to the benefit||Remarks|
|a||Entitlement for pass/ PTO||LTC Specifically excluded from revision of entitlement on merger of 50% DA with Basic Pay||As Railways do not have LTC. Pass /PTO revision excluded accordingly vide RBE No.77/2008|
|d||Fixation in pay in Stationary Posts||Fixation of pay not included as an admisssble benefit for revision of entitlement on merger of 50% DA with Basic Pay||Counting of the benefit (of merger of DA with Basic) for Fixation of pay is an issue pertaining to all Government employees and not merely Running Staff of Railways. When this benefit has not been extended to any Government employee, it cannot be extended to Running Staff consolation. RBE No.77/2008 has been issued accordingly. As erest while Basic Pay element (without merger of 50% DA) however continued to be admissible for Fixation of pay of Running Staff in Stationary posts, there is no violation of relevant REM provision.|
|g||Entitlement of Quarters||Government accomadation specifically excluded from revision of entitlement on merger of 50% DA with Basic Pay||As Railway Quarters are Government accomadation, revision of entitlement has been excluded accordingly vide RBE No.77/2008|
As brought out in the table above there has been no violation of the Rules.It is therefore requested that the item may be closed.
For Secretary Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Pension of pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners pursuant to Government’s decision on the recommendations of 7th CPC – Concordance Tables for pension revision to the former Running Staff
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC – Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits
- Merger of Sr.PWS with JE/P.Way – Pay fixation
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay and calculation of the running Staff distributing pension retirement benefits
- Reckoning of pay element for fixation of pay of running staff in stationary posts in Group B
- Clarification regarding calculation of quantum of Annual Increment in pay in case of Running Staff
- DA @ 2% shall be admissible to Running staff on the Basic pay plus Running allowances drawn w.e.f 1st July, 2016.
- Pay fixation to Running Staff while granting financial upgradation in the identical Grade Pay (VI CPC) under MACPS – Reckoning Special Running Staff Allowance for pay fixation