Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands extension for a further period of 25.09.2022 till 25.09.2024 – DoPT Order
Latest DoPT Orders 2022
F.No. 31011/15/2022 -Estt-A-IV
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 11th October, 2022
Subject : Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh and Andaman & Nicobar – extension beyond 25.09.2022 – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No.31011/3/2018-Estt.A-IV dated 08.10.2020 regarding relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir, and Andaman & Nicobar, and to say that in relaxation to CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988, the scheme allowing Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER), Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), Union Territory of Ladakh and Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) is extended for a further period of two years, w.e.f. 26th September, 2022 till 25th September, 2024.
Air India LTC 80 Fare List October 2022 to August 2023 PDF
2. The above Special Dispensation Concession is subject to the following terms & conditions:
- (i) All eligible Government servants may avail LTC to visit any place in NER/ A&N/ J&K/ Ladakh against the conversion of their one Home Town LTC in a four years’ block period.
- (ii) Government servants, whose Home Town and Headquarters/ place of posting are same, they are not allowed the conversion of any Home Town LTC as they are not eligible for the Home Town LTC facility.
- (iii) The Government servant whose Home Town is situated in NER/ A&N/ J&K/ Ladakh will also be allowed conversion of Home Town LTC for availing this Scheme to visit any place in any one of the three regions out of the above mentioned four regions except the region wherein his/her Hometown is situated.
- (iv) Fresh Recruits are also allowed conversion of one of the three Home Town LTCs in a block of four years, applicable to them to visit NER/ A&N/ J&K/ Ladakh. In addition, they are allowed one additional conversion of Home Town LTC to visit UT of J&K/ UT of Ladakh in a block of four years.
- (v) Government servants entitled to travel by air may avail this concession from their Headquarters in their entitled class of air by any airlines subject to the terms and conditions as enumerated in DoPT’s OM. No. 31011/12/2022-Estt.A-IV dated 29.08.2022 (copy enclosed).
- (vi) Government servants not entitled to travel by air are allowed to travel by air in Economy class by any airlines subject to the terms and conditions as enumerated in DoPT’s OM dated 29.08.2022 in the following sectors:
- (a) Between Kolkata/ Guwahati and any place in NER.
- (b) Between Kolkata/ Chennai/ Visakhapatnam and Port Blair.
- (c) Between Delhi/ Amritsar and any place in J&K/Ladakh.
- Journey for these non-entitled employees from their Headquarters upto Kolkata/ Guwahati/Chennai /Visakhapatnam/ Delhi/ Amritsar shall be undertaken as per their entitlement.
- (vii) Air travel by Government employees to NER, J&K, Ladakh and A&N as mentioned in para (v) and (vi) above is allowed whether they avail the concession against Anywhere in India LTC or in lieu of the Home Town LTC, as permitted.
- (viii) Government servants not entitled to travel by air are also allowed to travel by air in Economy class by any airlines to any place in NER/A&N/J&K/Ladakh from their Headquarters directly, however, the reimbursement will be subject to the conditions as enumerated in DoPT’s OM. No. 31011/12/2022-Estt.A-IV dated 29.08.2022.
- (ix) The instructions regarding booking of air tickets through authorized travel agents, best available fares, slots, booking time, advances, reimbursement, etc., as mentioned in DoPT’s OM. No. 31011/12/2022 -Estt.A-IV dated 29.08.2022 will also be applicable for this Special Dispensation Scheme.
LTC – Modification of instructions regarding Booking of Air Tickets on Government account
3. All the Ministries/ Departments are advised to bring it to the notice of all their employees that any misuse of LTC will be viewed seriously and the employees will be liable for appropriate action under the rules. In order to keep a check on any kind of misuse of LTC, Ministries/ Departments are advised to randomly get some of the air tickets submitted by the officials verified from the airlines concerned with regard to the actual cost of air travel vis-a-vis the cost indicated on the air tickets submitted by the officials.
Grace Period for LTC Block Year 2018-2021 Carry over of AILTC can be availed within the year 2022
4. In so far as applicability of this extended scheme to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department is concerned, a separate communication will be issued after the comments/ concurrence from the O/o C&AG is received as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Download Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh and Andaman & Nicobar-extension beyond 25.09.2022 PDF
Leave a Reply