List of Emergency Conditions in CGHS Treatment
The medical emergency conditions included under the purview of CGHS Act are enlisted below:
a) Acute Coronary Syndromes viz. (Coronary Artery By-pass Graft or Percutaneous Trans-Luminal Coronary Angioplasty) including Myocardial Infarction, Unstable Angina, Ventricular Arrhythmias, Paroxysmal Supra- Ventricular Tachycardia, Cardiac Tamponade, Acute Left-Ventricular Failure, Severe Congestive Cardiac Failure, Accelerated Hypertension, Complete Heart Block and Stokes-Adams Attack, Acute Aortic dissection.
b) Acute Limb Ischemia, Rupture of Aneurism, Medical and surgical shock and peripheral circulatory failure.
c) Cerebro-Vascular Attack, Strokes, sudden Unconsciousness, Head Injury, Respiratory failure, De-compensated Lung Disease, Cerebro-Meningeal Infection, Convulsions, Acute Paralysis, Acute Visual Loss.
d) Acute Abdomen
e) RTA (Road Traffic Accident) with injuries including fall
f) Acute Poisoning
g) Acute Renal Failure
h) Acute Abdomen in females including Acute Obstetrical and Gynecological Emergencies.
i) Heat Stroke
O.P.D. (Outdoor Patient Department) treatment and subsequent follow-up after hospitalization is not permitted in Private Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres recognized under CGHS. Exceptions for follow-up treatment are permissible in following conditions for a period of 3 to 6 months after conducting the surgical procedure, are as follows:
b. Cardiac Surgery including Angioplasty
c. Cancer Surgery, Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy
d. Organ transplant viz. Kidney
e. Knee replacement.
f. RTA (Road Traffic Accident)
Related to Your Search:
- Emergency Treatment in CGHS Hospitals – List of Emergency conditions
- Central Government Health Scheme : New Rates for Undergoing Angioplasty
- Cost of CD records of Coronary Angiography and Coronary Angioplasty in CGHS package rates
- CGHS Orders 2013 : Clarification regarding CD regard for Coronary Angiography and Coronary Angioplasty for CGHS beneficiaries
- Revision of Ceiling Rates for Coronary Angioplasty and Coronary Angioplasty with Balloon for CGHS beneficiaries
- CGHS – Post-operative Follow-up treatment from Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in respect of critically ill CGHS beneficiaries
- Railways: Cashless Service for RELHS Card Holder to take treatment in Recognized Private Hospitals in emergency.
- Revision of CGHS Rates for various Coronary Stents / Angioplasty
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals