Accordingly, correct Roster Can be drawn up by the Heads of Department. Needless to say, officials / staff employed at home on a specific day should always be accessible by telephone and electronic means of communication
F. No. 11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-III Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 23 April, 2020
Subject:- Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M of even number dated 17th March, 2020 on the above-mentioned subject. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) vide its Order dated 15.4.2020 has now extended the nationwide lockdown till 3rd May, 2020 to contain spread of Coronavirus in the country and has issued the consolidated revised guidelines for strict compliance. Para 18(ii) of these consolidated revised guidelines, inter-alia, provide that all officers of the level of Deputy Secretaries & above are to function with 100% attendance while 33% of the remaining officers/staff are to attend offices as per requirement.
2. The spirit of the guidelines is that crowding in the offices may be avoided and safe social distancing norms may be maintained. It is, however, seen that in some Ministries/ Departments, more than 33% of officials /staff below Deputy Secretary level are being called to offices. This might lead to undesirable crowding in the office jeopardizing the preventive measures in place for containing the spread of COVID-19.
3. It is reiterated that guidelines for attendance for officers/staff at levels below Deputy Secretary, be strictly followed. Heads of Departments (HoDs) may also direct their officers/staff to attend office in staggered timings to further avoid crowding in offices/work spaces. As suggested vide O.M. of even number dated 19th March, 2020, the staggered timings may be as follows :-
(a) 9.00 am. to 5.30 p.m.
(b) 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
(c) 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Suitable Roster May, accordingly, be drawn up by the Heads of Department. Needless to say that officials/ staff working from home on a particular day should be available on telephone and electronic means of communications at all times. They should attend office, if called for any exigencies of work.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT attendance circular 2021 regarding Novel Coronavirus COVID- 19
- 50% Attendance of Central Government Employees – DoPT orders on Covid-19
- Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am
- Attendance of Central Government employees latest DoPT orders on attendance 2022
- KVS order regarding the spread of Covid-19 duty roster – Attendance
- DoPT attendance circular 2021 for central govt employees to contain the spread of Coronavirus
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- Attendance of Central Government officials to Prevent to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
- Attendance of Central Government officials – Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – DoPT Order